Proposal: Fowler for a Jets winger

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Jets need defense and Ducks need wingers and need to reduce costs. Would any of these forwards work for Fowler?
Most are less than $1 million cap hit range:

Shawn Matthias $2,300,000
Alexander Burmistrov. $1,550,000
Chris Thorburn $1,200,000
Marko Dano $925,000
Andrew Copp $925,000
Brandon Tanev $925,000
Joel Armia. $894,167
Brendan Lemieux $870,000
Quinton Howden $850,500
Adam Lowry $828,333
Nicolas Petan $758,333
Chase De Leo $720,833
Scott Kosmachuk $720,000
Anthony Peluso $675,000
James Lodge $668,333
JC Lipon

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I hope you're not genuinely expecting any Ducks fan to say yes to this.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I hope you're not genuinely expecting any Ducks fan to say yes to this.

Take it as a reflection how Jets fans see Fowler.......and no I don't expect any Ducks fan to agree we know they over value him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Let's rephrase it... is there a deal around Dano and Fowler? We all know that any other name on the list definitely doesn't come close.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Let's rephrase it... is there a deal around Dano and Fowler? We all know that any other name on the list definitely doesn't come close.

I like Dano but we could probably do better. There'd have to be a pretty big add to him. Detroit fans have offered Tatar and Bruins fans have offered Spooner. Those players are more in line with his value.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Or you undervalue him...

Age old debate true, plus not just me most Jets fans and many others. He's a 3/4 Dman being forced to play above his level doesn't make him him a 1/2 Dman. Plus he has only two years left until UFA, all factors that help determine his value.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Take it as a reflection how Jets fans see Fowler.......and no I don't expect any Ducks fan to agree we know they over value him.

I think most Duck fans are very reasonable on how they value Fowler. I also would hope if his price was this low Holland would've already had him in a Wings jersey.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I like Dano but we could probably do better. There'd have to be a pretty big add to him. Detroit fans have offered Tatar and Bruins fans have offered Spooner. Those players are more in line with his value.

Spooner makes almost too much sense. Tatar does not, as Detroit can't take on any cap. I don't know why people have agreed on that swap, as the reason why Fowler would ever be shipped out would be to clear space for Lindholm and Rakell.

Tunapants

May 24, 2012
PHX, AZ
Age old debate true, plus not just me most Jets fans and many others. He's a 3/4 Dman being forced to play above his level doesn't make him him a 1/2 Dman. Plus he has only two years left until UFA, all factors that help determine his value.

The same dman that played above his level in that sweep right?

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Care to explain how a team who forces a 3/4 dman to play as their #1 leads the entire NHL in Goals Against? Also, if you or any GM, values Cam as low/incorrectly as you do - then why even waste your time considering what that return would be? As there is zero chance a team who values Cam as a 3/4 Dman would pony up the necessary assets to trade for him, as the ducks clearly value him much higher than that..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He isn't a #1, he is a complimentary top pairing dmen with the right partner, guy who can fill that top rOle if needed, also on a pretty nice contract for what you get out of him.

Imo he is a great 2/3 guy, it is pretty funny how lindholm gets called overated, Fowler is over rated, our goalies were average at best and Kesler is on his decline... yet we still manage the lowest gaa last season... it's like magic down in Anaheim.
:sarcasm:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He isn't a #1, he is a complimentary top pairing dmen with the right partner, guy who can fill that top rOle if needed, also on a pretty nice contract for what you get out of him.

Imo he is a great 2/3 guy, it is pretty funny how lindholm gets called overated, Fowler is over rated, our goalies were average at best and Kesler is on his decline... yet we still manage the lowest gaa last season... it's like magic down in Anaheim.
:sarcasm:

All that Disneyland magic man!

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Even if we accept any of that as true, no piece in the OP is close to worth a 24 year old #3 defensman.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You think a top pairing defenseman is closer in value to bottom 6ers and B prospects than top 6 wingers and A prospects?

He's 2/3, he's much better piece then the ones listed in original thread not as good a piece as ones listed later... def not worth an ehlers or Laine... I think Connors or wheeler could be starter points if jets were in dire need of a defender

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sure, would Thorburn + 4th for Fowler would be enough for the Jets to do it?

haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad