Found out how desperate EB games is for a sale

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Wow, do you folks go into ice cream shops and demand to know why someone would order a cup instead of a cone and call them idiots if you don't like the answer?

The anti-physical media folks will smugly have their way someday just like every thing else that will keep us from going out into public and purchasing goods at markets and shopping malls, and putting people out of work. Just be pleased that will happen and stop being so angry for no real reason at a personal preference in the meantime.

I'm not angry about it, I know some have knee-jerk reactions to others who prefer alternatives. My only issue is those who go to great lengths to disagree with any other opinions and offer no concessions and try to group everyone who disagrees with him into extreme nutballs.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Came in just to say that. It fills me with memories of being a kid, and going to packed shopping malls. Suncoast video, KB toys, Tower records, Babbage's...

6011789694_9fb2f848b2_b.jpg

Although, I think most of the actual Babbage's and EB's were converted into Gamestop (and most of the time, I'm surprised they're still in business).
As was explained EB games is just the Canadian offshoot of gamestop (same parent company), but I'm just quoting this to say I remember this stuff too. (also sneaking off into Spencer Gifts)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm not angry about it, I know some have knee-jerk reactions to others who prefer alternatives. My only issue is those who go to great lengths to disagree with any other opinions and offer no concessions and try to group everyone who disagrees with him into extreme nutballs.

Yeah. This is basically what Morozov said on the last page.

This is how I've felt the entire thread. The (off topic) discussion started out with the defense of physical copies from someone who didn't understand why they would be used in ANY scenario, trying to get a concession out of people who couldn't admit physical was advantageous in some scenarios. :laugh:

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
There's two schools of thought in this thread.

I prefer physical/digital but can see why one would prefer the alternative.

Or.

I can't understand why anyone would go physical at all. People who buy physical are idiots.

What this topic has turned into is an attempt to be rational with those people which is ultimately pointless because the stance they have is irrational to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad