Former Referee and Officiating Director Calls out TOR-BOS Game 2 Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Not a fan of Leafs or Bruins. I don't know how anyone could watch that game and think it was anything other than terribly officiated.
As a Bruins fan I agree it was a terribly officiated game. the only difference is that some/many Leafs fans feel that only one team suffered because of the loosely officiated games while even after video evidence showing Leafs also got away with some. Meanwhile, still defending Kadri's actions because the refereeing was less then stellar

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
As silly as this seems, this is exactly what some seem to be advocating.

If Kadri had a beef with debrusk he had a rainbow of options other than " cross check him I'm the face"

But that's not the type of player Kadri is, is it now?

Kadri asked Jake what he was going to do. Jake showed him all game long.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
As a Bruins fan I agree it was a terribly officiated game. the only difference is that some/many Leafs fans feel that only one team suffered because of the loosely officiated games while even after video evidence showing Leafs also got away with some. Meanwhile, still defending Kadri's actions because the refereeing was less then stellar
Which specific plays did the Leafs get away with in the previous game?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I hope this is simply a disingenuous attempt to troll. Otherwise i'm really not sure what to say if you don't think the Leafs got away with a few as well.
The only play that I can think of right away is when Muzzin injured Krug and some Bruins fans consider it to be boarding, however there are other Bruins fans who also thought it was a clean hit.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
The only play that I can think of right away is when Muzzin injured Krug and some Bruins fans consider it to be boarding, however there are other Bruins fans who also thought it was a clean hit.
ok here goes, there is a GIF all over this board of Kadri taking another cross check to the back of DeBrusks head
Tavares for goalie interference followed by a possible embellishment
Hymen with cross check to the back of head

your turn, let me guess Debrusk knee on knee. I agree should have been a two minute penalty
Muzzin getting hit by Pasta was called 2 minutes
Hyman bleeding after elbow by DeBrusk ( should have been offsetting as Hyman had stick up in DeBrusks neck)

it was a poorly refereed game and we might not agree on the specifics but at the end of the day only one player intentionally, childishly and recklessly attempted to injure another player and will be suspended

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
So using that logic why did Pastrnak get 2:00 minutes for charging?

Oh, the irony..... In a thread where the Leafs fans complain about how terrible the referees were, a Leafs fan is using the fact that the same referees called a penalty to make his/her point....

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Breaking former referee and Leafs fan complains that Bruins didn't get enough penalties.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Can only imagine whats next thread could be,
"Hfboard poster calls out game 2 officiating"

Big deal, game was fine .

They let stuff go which is fine. There wasn't really anything egregious on either side. A couple two minute penalties that maybe could've called. But nothing to write home about. - except for the Kadri idiocy.

It just sounds like Leaf-fans arguing against playoff intensity.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's debatable that he should have got 5:00 minutes since he left his feet to make the hit and the fact Muzzin was bleeding.

Except he didn't leave his feet until after contact - and it was shoulder to shoulder - and he never took a run at him. Muzzin caught his head on the glass.
If you call that leaving his feet I just... ?
I didn't think it was a penalty whatsoever. Didn't think Muzzin's hit on Krug, DeBrusk on Marleau, DeBrusk on Kadri, etc. really deserved minors either.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They let stuff go which is fine. There wasn't really anything egregious on either side. A couple two minute penalties that maybe could've called. But nothing to write home about. - except for the Kadri idiocy.

It just sounds like Leaf-fans arguing against playoff intensity.
I said this before and I will say it again, the calls on both teams should be consistent. In Game 1 both Nylander and Kapanen were given 2:00 minutes for high sticking. In Game 2 John Tavares got a stick in his face and the ref did not give the Bruins a penalty for that. So those are some of the plays the Toronto media is talking about.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
News flash!
Fans don’t watch hockey games objectively.
They see the missed calls against their team but are blind to the missed calls going the other way.
That’s why every single fan base that loses a hockey game blames the refs.
This thread is just an example of how a fan watches a game.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It’s a tale as old as time. When the playoffs start the whistles get swallowed. Anyone who thinks the game is officiated the same when the playoffs start hasn’t been watching

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
It’s a tale as old as time. When the playoffs start the whistles get swallowed. Anyone who thinks the game is officiated the same when the playoffs start hasn’t been watching
Someone who gets it. Being original six teams, you would think both fanbases would understand this.
Resume the whining.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Someone who gets it. Being original six teams, you would think both fanbases would understand this.
Resume the whining.
It's one thing if the refs swallow their whistles because it's the playoffs. However like I said before if they are going to call high sticking penalties against Nylander and Kapanen like we saw in Game 1, it's not unreasonable for Leafs fans wanting to see that same penalty called on the Bruins when John Tavares gets a stick in his face and are upset when the same penalty is not called on them.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It's one thing if the refs swallow their whistles because it's the playoffs. However like I said before if they are going to call high sticking penalties against Nylander and Kapanen like we saw in Game 1, it's not unreasonable for Leafs fans wanting to see that same penalty called on the Bruins when John Tavares gets a stick in his face and are upset when the same penalty is not called on them.

And chara cleared a puck off glass last year got a penalty and jvr scored a pp goal which turned the game and maybe the series. If toronto can’t overcome bad officiating that’s on them

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I can certainly admit the Bruins got away with a couple things that could have been called otherwise; and if you can't admit that as a Leafs fan, then your bias is showing. There were already 9 calls though, and I don't know what more the referees could have done; they tried to match Kadri & Debrusk early to cool things off; it didn't work.

I've called Marchand an idiot for doing stupid things too; and it's simple to say that regardless of what could or couldn't have been called, Kadri just crossed a line you shouldn't cross.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
And chara cleared a puck off glass last year got a penalty and jvr scored a pp goal which turned the game and maybe the series. If toronto can’t overcome bad officiating that’s on them
If you want to bring up stuff from last year I remember in Game 1 the Bruins scored a goal that was offside and for whatever reason Babcock did not challenge it. Basically that JVR goal was karma coming back against Boston for scoring an offside goal. So I can also play this what if game myself.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If you want to bring up stuff from last year I remember in Game 1 the Bruins scored a goal that was offside and for whatever reason Babcock did not challenge it. Basically that JVR goal was karma coming back against Boston for scoring an offside goal. So I can also play this what if game myself.

Babcock not challenging is his fault

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I agree it was, however the fact is the Bruins still scored a goal that was offside. So don't complain when JVR scored a goal on a penalty call against Chara that you thought was wrong.

It was wrong just like that was offside. The difference is Cassidy didn’t have the ability to question the call and Babcock did. So it’s not the same

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe they should have called a few headshots that kadri took, like this one and the one on Krejci. He sure has a thing for going after guys heads. Its like all leaf players are not allowed to get hit, ppl should try watching the games from the 70s and 80s. These snowflakes would be fainting all over the place. This is playoff hockey, not soccer.

giphy.gif

He's a gutless puke.

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad