Former Referee and Officiating Director Calls out TOR-BOS Game 2 Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
My apologies....apparently I used his whopping 7 points over 3 years in the playoffs (15 games to date) to fit my narrative.....

You’re right.....how dare I spout facts
Make that 9, also he lead the entire team in shots last season in the playoffs so its not like he was invisible, he just couldnt buy a goal. Maybe watch a leaf game for once, they are a very exciting team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Good

I'm honestly not one to complain about the refs much, outside of saying that it was obvious that the Leafs didn't get enough powerplays during the regular season. I'm not the type of fan who blames games on refs 99% of the time.

That said, that game was a mess and it was terribly officiated. The referees have a job to police the game, keep it under control and not to allow tempers and non-calls to combine to escalate into chaos. Even if it was a playoff game. They failed to do this, and it led to DeBrusk running around like a madman, trying to injure and pretending to be a WWE wrassler. And, of course, Kadri losing his head again.

Reactions: Razz

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Like I said, the Leafs’ indirect pressure on the refs worked, and they called the game in the Leafs favour. Both power play goals were the results of weak calls. They try this every year after their losses (media pressure to call more against their opposition).

Reactions: goflyakite

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Like I said, the Leafs’ indirect pressure on the refs worked, and they called the game in the Leafs favour. Both power play goals were the results of weak calls. They try this every year after their losses (media pressure to call more against their opposition).
Since when is a high sticking call that lead to the Leafs first power play goal consider a weak call? Talk about making excuses why the Leafs won and the Bruins lost, it's pathetic and sad.

Reactions: Mitchy

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

I know you're trying to make this, like they switched allegiances or something...

They did a craptastic job and were called out for it. When this and the suspension took hold,
The B's could not go into hit-a-thon mode. In that case the tone of the officiating, did move
that game from brute unchecked physicality, to more of a grinding/speed/skill game. Was your
PP goal the result of a weak call? No calls were made in game 2.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Since when is a high sticking call that lead to the Leafs first power play goal consider a weak call? Talk about making excuses why the Leafs won and the Bruins lost, it's pathetic and sad.

I had to look your post history for all of 30 seconds to find whine about lack of calls on DeBrusk and whoever. Pathetic and sad.

Reactions: goflyakite

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I had to look your post history for all of 30 seconds to find whine about lack of calls on DeBrusk and whoever. Pathetic and sad.
Oh how original. In the end Kapanen got a high stick in the face from Backes and the Leafs scored on a power play as a result of a penalty which the refs should always call.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I wouldn't expect him to do that and that reply towards me only shows how bad their argument is, when they suggest it should not have been a penalty on Backes for high sticking Kapanen.
The guys stick literally rode up his face. That was the easiest call they'll make this series. Easier than the high sticks in game 1. But no, I'm not expecting a response either.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The guys stick literally rode up his face. That was the easiest call they'll make this series. Easier than the high sticks in game 1. But no, I'm not expecting a response either.
The high stick by Backes is what caused the Bruins to get that scoring chance against Andersen, which wasn't really a chance since the refs blew the whistle and no one heard it since it was very loud.

Feb 24, 2017
Leafs are totally in it. This series is far from over and from a Bs fan perspective, there is zero comfort. Glad to be 2-2, but series can clearly go either way.
I mean my leafs have a chance against a great team when we have a full 7 million of dead cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad