Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Didn’t Roy and Gragnani come to canucks together in a trade?

Gragnani was acquired from Buffalo for Alex Sulzer at the same time of the Hodgson trade at the deadline in 2012

Roy wasn't acquired until the following year for Connauton and a 2nd from Dallas. Which would have been the shortened season due to the lockout.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
Hilarious how many ex-Canucks are there. You can also throw in Tom Renney (CEO), Sean Burke (GM), and Scott Walker (assistant coach).

Heck, there's even Quinton Howden — the guy taken with the pick we traded for Keith Ballard.

Reactions: jd22 and Zombotron

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Gragnani was acquired from Buffalo for Alex Sulzer at the same time of the Hodgson trade at the deadline in 2012

Roy wasn't acquired until the following year for Connauton and a 2nd from Dallas. Which would have been the shortened season due to the lockout.

Alex Sulzer! That's a guy I had completely forgotten about.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
It is a fun road trip game with a buddy.

Name Canucks past and present.

Also naming all league teams. Always forget one team. No pens or phones

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I think its clear Gillis clashed with ownership to some extent, this is what got him on a short leash and subsequently fired after one bad year.
Clashed as in didn't say and do what they wanted. Benning and Linden have shown they will just say and do anything basically. Plus they probably make Aqua feel a lot better about himself than Gillis did.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Here's an scenario. How about Mr Aquilini sells the franchise to the Seattle people with the stipulation the entire organization and alumni move with them.

Then a new owner steps up and buys the building, then puts in a bid for an expansion franchise? Whole new franchise, no baggage. I mean, look at Vegas!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
What a sad, sad joke Olympic hockey has become this year.

Thank, Uncle Gary.

I mean I love Olympic hockey for the last few years but with Canada being so dominant it's maybe gotten a little stale, so it could be interesting cheering for a Canadian team that's still good but more on even terms with the rest of the competition. So it's more like a bigger WJC tourney.

Reactions: Nomobo

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm actually pretty excited to see Raymond and Lapierre play for Canada. They still feel like Canucks to me all these years later. They were important parts of that run in 2011, and when I close my eyes, that's the team I like to think I'm watching. Lappy with that game winning goal in the finals against Boston...? I'm always gonna like those dudes.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Heck, there's even Quinton Howden — the guy taken with the pick we traded for Keith Ballard.

I swear to god in 60 years, long after I've forgotten my children's and grandchildren's names, I'll be in a nursing home and the name "Quinton Howden" will burst unbidden into my brain.

What a sad, sad joke Olympic hockey has become this year.

I think it's gonna be fun. Gonna be a sloppier than usual, and probably a lot more even. Plus can you imagine if Russia loses?

Reactions: Dissonance Jr

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I mean I love Olympic hockey for the last few years but with Canada being so dominant it's maybe gotten a little stale, so it could be interesting cheering for a Canadian team that's still good but more on even terms with the rest of the competition. So it's more like a bigger WJC tourney.

I look forward to the no names team, it will be refreshing to go in as underdogs and make the gold medal so much sweeter!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know I am in the minority, but I am very glad we don't have to deal with nhl players going to the Olympics this year.
I'm with you.....watching the recent WJC, you got a reminder of what Olympic hockey is all about with NHL-ers.....9-0 beatdowns of some overmatched countries with no rinks or decent players.

I'm actually glad Bettman told the IOC to take a hike.....ridiculous to shut down the NHL schedule in mid-season and risk injury to your star players. I can only shudder to think what the ice plants might be like in South Korea. At least the entire Olympic Hockey Tournament will be competitive this year....basically it's wide open. You can't hope to stop Mason Raymond and Marc Andre Gragnani...you can only contain them.

Reactions: But Gillis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad