Confirmed with Link: Formenton, Hart, Dube, McLeod, Foote Charged with Sexual Assault (London Police Press Conference Feb 5 2pm ET)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The chief has no expertise on this and shouldn't have commented. He should have stuck to what he knows, he isn't being addressed in any other capacity than London Police Chief.

It also hints at some sort of deresponsabilization of the accused, which is a f***ing problem in a process whose aim is basically to determine the criminal liability of the accused.
Every older generation has lots of loud people who think the latest generation is shiftless and lazy, and that the latest medium, tablets, books, TV, movies, smart phones, is dangerous and bad. It's no more true now than when books became popular.

It's sort of odd, when these cases go to court the victim is grilled about her sex life as though she doesn't have the right to choose her sex partners, while no one really considers the assailants. I'd be curious if this was a one time event or the one time they got caught. I suppose at least they haven't been accused of anything else in the last 5 years.

It's one thing to think "it will be fun and the victim will enjoy it" it's another to actually do it in spite of the victim's reactions. Not sure it would be better or worse, ethically, if the victim was passed out.

I question that the junior system, drafting kids and sending them to live in different cities for the good of the leagues, is a good thing for the players. These few were among the fortunate, they could make a living playing hockey after junior, and it still may have been bad for them. Some teams are or were known to have crazy hazing and bad internal culture. I'd think that would be the first thing to look into. At the least there should be some independent non-league oversight for the kids under 18. Supervising kids is really tough, though, most who do it just look for a way to say "everything's fine, nothing to see here."

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Oh sorry I misinterpreted your original post then - but yes, what they said was stupid and they got ripped on social media for it. Sadly, the police being incompetent is nothing new.

I used to work closely with municipal police and the culture there was just as bad as hockey culture.. so not surprising there isn't much will to help victims.
Thanks for your thoughts. Prettt crazy shit

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not quite sure where this one goes.

• Wow
Reactions: dinodebino

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Oh sorry I misinterpreted your original post then - but yes, what they said was stupid and they got ripped on social media for it. Sadly, the police being incompetent is nothing new.

I used to work closely with municipal police and the culture there was just as bad as hockey culture.. so not surprising there isn't much will to help victims.
My wife is a cop. Lots, maybe most of her coworkers are ex-hockeyers. It IS hockey culture, toxic a f. Even amongst themselves, they can be best buddies and then f each other's wives without a second thought if the opportunity comes up. Then act all offended.

Bunch of clowns.

(Edit I know I know, generalization... Some are different, yes... But it's common)

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
My wife is a cop. Lots, maybe most of her coworkers are ex-hockeyers. It IS hockey culture, toxic a f. Even amongst themselves, they can be best buddies and then f each other's wives without a second thought if the opportunity comes up. Then act all offended.

Bunch of clowns.

(Edit I know I know, generalization... Some are different, yes... But it's common)
Just 10 years ago, I was given a tour of the local police station by a community cop I was working with on a school project. The rec room there was something else. Pool and foot tables, real leather furniture everywhere, training benches and stationary bikes in a corner, a game console and the biggest TV screen I have seen in my life. As I was complimenting her employer for showing great care of the police staff, she added that she wouldn't use the rec room at all. Her male colleagues had the habit of playing XXX videos on that huge screen any given day and she was not comfortable with it. Matter of a fact none of her female colleagues were hanging around that room. When she saw my disbelief, she just said that the police culture wasn't "female-friendly" and that she had to deal with it if she wanted a career in the field.

Fortunately, things got much better a few years after when a new commander came in and changed the rec room into a (safe) board/coffee room. My community cop friend even got promoted to captain.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Clearly these pigs can still travel. McCleod is enjoying a nice vacation and his girlfriend posted this on Instagram.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks this is going off topic. Let’s leave general police discussions out of this. Unless you want to talk about The Police… you can do that in the music thread.

Reactions: Yep

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Folks this is going off topic. Let’s leave general police discussions out of this. Unless you want to talk about The Police… you can do that in the music thread.
Sting is England’s answer to Don Henley! They’re both horrible egomaniacs that write shit music!

Edit: sorry, wrong thread

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think the context was the London force who haven’t looked stellar so far. There shouldn’t be much news for another year or two and most viewpoints have been addressed. The thread is quieting down. At least no hab implications.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad