Confirmed with Link: Formenton, Hart, Dube, McLeod, Foote Charged with Sexual Assault (London Police Press Conference Feb 5 2pm ET)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
It is sad that people only recognize the consequences of others when they have a daughter or a sister. It indicates something very wrong with society that it takes us that long to discover that people deserve respect.
true.. just hits harder.. but in no way should be tolerated... Jail time for these types should be the 1st and foremost course of action

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They might be found not guilty. Even so, the details we know don't put this guys in a very good light.

Wonder how the lady has felt the last 6 yrs???
Ive seen women embellish stories before. Especially with the financial reward she had waiting on other end. If they found not guilty and their careers ruined. What will happen then?

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Ive seen women embellish stories before. Especially with the financial reward she had waiting on other end. If they found not guilty and their careers ruined. What will happen then?
You don't need conviction for a crime to be committed. They could be found not guilty and the victim could still be a victim... like if someone is found not guilty of a murder, the victim is still dead.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
first lets see after the trial whats what. but if they are guilty of this what I dont want to hear is that hockey canada and or the nhl covered it up for 6 years to try to make a deal with the girl. Two ways this should go. 1st if found totally guilty then of course jail time for sure plus if found out that the nhl or hockey canada found guilty of a big cover up then this girl deserves a HUGE PAY OUT-MILLOINS AND MILLIONS for the cover up of a r- case. WOW just WOW. so lets all just wait to see the guilty or NOT outcome first before anything else the boys have a right to a trial so does she.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
:facepalm:

I'm sure the victim went to the police right after being sexually assaulted because she thought she was going to get rich. f***ing hell.
I think why it's so hard for us men to identify to the victim is the perception that an equivalent crime, if it happens to a man would be to be raped by 5 women while intoxicated, when the real equivalent is being raped by 5 men while intoxicated.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They need to lift this right now. The involved parties have been charged.

This would be like me working in the deli at Wal-Mart and somebody in electronics commits a crime so now i'm in trouble. Makes no sense , some of the other guys on the team might be upstanding citizens.
They should lift it yesterday and fire the uncaring buffoons who permitted this to happen.

And before anyone says that I am not taking into account the alleged victim, remember that punishing people who were not even in London at the time does NOTHING for the victim.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think why it's so hard for us men to identify to the victim is the perception that an equivalent crime, if it happens to a man would be to be raped by 5 women while intoxicated, when the real equivalent is being raped by 5 men while intoxicated.
I don’t think it’s that at all. This is a case about consent. It would not be hard for a woman to destroy a man’s life by changing her mind after the fact. You add in that public mobs treat this like its guilty until proven innocent and it adds another layer. There’s a dangerous line being walked on with cases like this. Horrible stuff is happening to woman in similar cases to this all the time. There’s also males who get falsely accused of this for an agenda. It goes both ways.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Again, the victim blaming here is gross.

No woman (or man for that matter) is going to risk getting assaulted to get a payday. Moreover, most victims don't want to go to court because of the scrutiny. It's shit like this that keeps victims from going forward on cases that should be brought to light.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t think it’s that at all. This is a case about consent. It would not be hard for a woman to destroy a man’s life by changing her mind after the fact. You add in that public mobs treat this like its guilty until proven innocent and it adds another layer. There’s a dangerous line being walked on with cases like this. Horrible stuff is happening to woman in similar cases to this all the time. There’s also males who get falsely accused of this for an agenda. It goes both ways.
If somebody's passed out drunk there's no consent. Period.

These kinds of cases are obviously difficult to prove and that's why so many get swept under a rug. If there's truth to video evidence being out there though then these guys are in serious trouble. There's absolutely no justification for this.

I do feel for the kid with the pizza who got called in. He probably didn't know what the hell to do and who knows what happened while he was there. But for any guy who gets called in and actually goes ahead with an assault? f*** them. That is rape.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
So, we will see on the tape that everybody consent, that there is a password to get out and that everyone seems in a state to know what's happening? Cause when you speak about consent in that kind of activities, it's the minimum acceptable.

Edit, well, we obviously won't "see" the tape.

Last edited:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
These guys’ NHL career are pretty much done. Carter Hart was a big lost because out of those he could have been a superstar. The guy destroyed his career millions of dollars. Now. He’ll walk the street like Joe Murphy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nice choice of words Cale :help:

I don’t think this is fair. Makkar isn’t talking about the actual assault. He’s saying that if he’d been there there would have been doubt cast on him whether he participated or not.

I don’t have an issue with this. He’s commenting on being fortunate enough to have been nowhere near the scene. Maybe not the best choice of words but that tweet is taking what he said out of context.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Embellished gang sexual assault, wtf.

Even if found not guilty doesn’t mean one is innocent. Frankly, there is enough graphic disturbing details out already that show what POS these guys are.

Go play in the KHL, they are toxic and no nhl team is going to touch them. Behave like a decent human being and treat people with respect. I’m not losing sleep over these 5 goofs.

Reactions: 1909 and GrandBison

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Maybe it’s just sports channels but it seems whenever talking about sexual assault, rape etc. we hear about the “events that took place” or the “alleged incidents”. Seems to me when we hear about any other suspected crime, everyone just names the crime. Like murder, theft, drunk driving whatever. “Suspected fraud“ vs “something something mumble thing…”.

Reactions: ginomini

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
l

lol “fortunate bounce”. jesus christ.

Poor wording, but alot of these guys are pre programmed with non controversial cliches to hockey questions.

Like when Rene bourque was interviewed after a playoff win and said that was a big two points.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It doesn't work like that these days, unless you are a politician. My bro is a big fat lawyer, he can attest lol. I mean, unless your last name is Gates or Epstein.. or a celebrity... hmmm

Side note - I got 50$ on this thread not lasting very long lol
I'm collecting for the Habs board. You owe me 50 bucks. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Habs

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
l

lol “fortunate bounce”. jesus christ.
Pretty sure he means fortunate not to be at the party.

Whether you agree with his wording or not - he's put on a spot and answered. He shouldn't have to answer these questions when he was not even present.

But you can see how people twist everything. The quoted tweet implies some pretty wild thoughts.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If somebody's passed out drunk there's no consent. Period.

These kinds of cases are obviously difficult to prove and that's why so many get swept under a rug. If there's truth to video evidence being out there though then these guys are in serious trouble. There's absolutely no justification for this.

I do feel for the kid with the pizza who got called in. He probably didn't know what the hell to do and who knows what happened while he was there. But for any guy who gets called in and actually goes ahead with an assault? f*** them. That is rape.
I agree with everything you’re saying. I just want to hear more of their side. These are not just career ruining accusations, but life destroying. They deserve to at least defend themselves in a case like this. But like you said it doesn’t look good with what we have now.

So, we will see on the tape that everybody consent, that there is a password to get out and that everyone seems in a state to know what's happening? Cause when you speak about consent in that kind of activities, it's the minimum acceptable.

Edit, well, we obviously won't "see" the tape.
Obviously, I can’t relate to this kind of thing because I wasn’t stupid enough to put myself in a situation where I’d be got up in such a thing when I was that age. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

OK name me the long list of people who had their careers ruined over this.. even the ones we know who did it.

Logan Mailloux got a 1st round selection and will play in the NHL. He had to deal with some uncomfortable post draft interviews and do some work.
Patrick Kane remains a superstar in the NHL even as his star fades.
Ben Roethlisberger got to go out and win two superbowls as a starting QB.
Deshaun Watson got the most guaranteed money in NFL history.
Donald Trump admitted on a mic that he sexually assaulted women and he got to be president of the united states.

True accusations and charges don't even derail their careers.. come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad