Post-Game Talk: For the first time... 100 points! 3-2 Jets

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It's hard to see games on the radio.

KC should always play OT.

Too bad fragile Toby is so, well, fragile. Is it too late to pick up a top 4 d man for the playoffs?

Great game by Little. :naughty:

Reactions: sipowicz

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I have an idea that I'd like you guys to critique.

So after watching both SoCal teams undeservingly get loser points despite being massively dominated, I've came up with a new system. Any team that gets destroyed in at least 4 of the five chance metrics (corsi, fenwick, shots, scoring chance, high danger) will be penalized for the following outcomes in the standings:

If they lose in regulation: they lose 2 points in the standings
If they lose after regulation: they lose 1 point in the standings
If they win: They don't gain a point, and the other team doesn't lose a point in the standings.

The Ducks were clearly tanking it tonight and had Gibson steal a point. This system should make players think twice about tanking it, because NHL is the one league where if you work hard the game will never be lopsided regardless of skill difference.
Tbh this is a terrible idea, however I'm all for taking points away from the Ducks.

Bettman!? We have a proposal...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Why second ?

I think Tampa Bay is the team to beat, but the difference they're better than we are is one of degree, not of kind.

Think we're better than Nashville but the degree is small enough that their home ice would make them a slim favorite in a series.

But at the end of the day, there's a small pack of elite contenders above the rest of the tournament ballast and we're one of them.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think the Jets stack up well against most teams but Nashville is the only one that gives us trouble.

They however are still beatable and the Jets proved that they can score in bunches on them.

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
NSH is a very good team. Put Troubs back in and lets get it on. That was a complete ass kicking tonight and the Jets are just warming up. Lets see on Sunday. I think it might be enlightening

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I think Tampa Bay is the team to beat, but the degree they're better than we are is one of degree, not of kind.

Think we're better than Nashville but the degree is small enough that their home ice would make them a slim favorite in a series.

But at the end of the day, there's a small pack of elite contenders above the rest of the tournament ballast and we're one of them.

I have WPG behind NSH and above Tampa and Boston.

It's really close though. Those four teams have separated IMO.

If someone had the Jets fourth, and those three ahead, I wouldn't complain.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I have WPG behind NSH and above Tampa and Boston.

It's really close though. Those four teams have separated IMO.

If someone had the Jets fourth, and those three ahead, I wouldn't complain.

Yeah, I mean, whatever difference lies between them, it ain't much; any of those four teams win the cup, no one's gonna go "whoah, what the f*** was THAT?!"

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
haven't watched the game yet.

PLEASE tell me we made it out without another injury??

We made it out without another injury...

other than Enstrom... again...

gifs-will-ferrell-animal-expert-2846560.gif

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad