GDT: For November 22nd Lowdown in Motown Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
American Thanksgiving is here and the Oilers are well out of the playoffs. What a glorious season it's been. I guess now there's no pressure so maybe they can put some wins together.
I wouldn't say we are well out of it. Flames were in a very similar spot last year

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Only thing that can save this season is if they dominate the Pacific, those 4 point games will mean everything. We are 2-1 right now and no one in our division is overly scary atm. They obviously have to be winning games like this one tonight though. Common boys ffs, play like you give a shit... Is that too much to ask of?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
American Thanksgiving is here and the Oilers are well out of the playoffs. What a glorious season it's been. I guess now there's no pressure so maybe they can put some wins together.
Calgary was 9-13 this time last year. But yes we would have to make a huge change.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Joe guarantees us a win!

Joe-Namath-Quotes-2.jpg

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I probably won't bother tuning in after last game, but I think this one is winnable. But I have no confidence that they'll even show up at this point. They might, they might not. I really want to know what the hell happened to the team this year. Even with the downgrades this record is shocking.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
East coast road trip, early puck drop, yeah! Now the Oil just need to get their **** together!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We win IF
We have 3 centers of McDavid Draisatl and RNH.

We lose IF we dont.

Team was designed for 3 strong lines down the middle. TMac needs to shift the lines as nothing else is working loading up his top 6.
This team doesn't even have the wingers to run 2 lines deep. Thats why Draisaitl has to play on wing.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
I don't know what to expect. I am guessing that we should have no problems winning this game but I am scared.

I mean, there is still a chance to make the playoffs. We just need to be winning a lot of games.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Excited to actually be able to watch a game. All these early starts and matinee games make it impossible to catch in the pacific time zone. Hoping these guys turn it around tonight, way too much talet to be this bad and I don't think another draft pick will help us. McDavid,Leon,RNH,Nurse,Larsson Klefbom ,Poolparty is wayyy more than enough young talent

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
In honour of their performance last night I've decided to
- start watching late;
- hate-watch the first period;
- start tuning this out in the 2nd period; and
- switch over to Netflix for the 3rd period.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This will be an interesting game to watch, at least for the start. There's no reason not to come out and play your best after what happened last night, unless they are actively trying to get the staff fired.

They better not play their best game of the season and then go back to sucking on Friday. That solves nothing.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Should take a team drive through the abandon areas of Detroit. Let the guys know if they don't show up tonight that the bus is going to "breakdown" in that area after the game.

If they lose, they should be forced to bus home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad