GDT: For November 22nd Lowdown in Motown Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really hope Cagguila is not in the top 6 tonight. He has been awful defensively. To be fair, that whole line has been.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
W1,L4,W1,L2,W1,L2,W1,L1,W2,L2,W1,L3

Based on the pattern of W/L , I can safely conclude that today's game will be a resounding.... confirmation that we suck.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
How many of you are actually going to be watching this?
Me!

Also,
"I think it’s safe to say that half the general manager’s in the National Hockey League would trade their roster for our roster right now.

And lastly I’ll say that there’s one other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern."

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really hope Cagguila is not in the top 6 tonight. He has been awful defensively. To be fair, that whole line has been.
I rather take Maroon off that line and see if another LW can play in that spot. Be nice to see if Maroon could click with RNH or LD.

At the end of the day McDavid is going to get the tough matchups, so if Cammy and Cagguila can play with McDavid. That leaves us potentially being able to stack line 2 and 3. The whole lets throw everything onto our first two lines and let line three be made up of ? and a rookie isn't working anyway.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We win IF
We have 3 centers of McDavid Draisatl and RNH.

We lose IF we dont.

Team was designed for 3 strong lines down the middle. TMac needs to shift the lines as nothing else is working loading up his top 6.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We win IF

We lose IF we dont.

Team was designed for 3 strong lines down the middle. TMac needs to shift the lines as nothing else is working loading up his top 6.

Oh and if Talbot stops the first 5 shots...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We win IF

We lose IF we dont.

My opinion on this is that the team simply doesnt have enough top 9 RW's to go with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH up the middle. I think thats why we have seen Draisaitl on the wing. This team is simply to thin on RW to do otherwise.

Reactions: Night Witch

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My opinion on this is that the team simply doesnt have enough top 9 RW's to go with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH up the middle. I think thats why we have seen Draisaitl on the wing. This team is simply to thin on RW to do otherwise.
I think if you do what I said with Cagguila staying there, you could try JP with either RNH/LD and then throw Strome with the other.

That goal Strome scored the other day, showed to me that he can get to the areas he needs to be. Maybe he's not a center and he can play RW and get to the right spots.

Overall I do agree with you, but it is what it is right now and we need to do something different

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I dont disagree but I think its come to the point in time where they need to give it a shot as loading up the top 6 just hasn't worked. This is the only thing that gives us some reliable scoring past the top 6 and gives the team a different look.

I suggest:

Camalleri McDavid Cagguila
Lucic Draisatl PJ
Maroon RNH Strome

Reactions: OilDrop37

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I dont disagree but I think its come to the point in time where they need to give it a shot as loading up the top 6 just hasn't worked. This is the only thing that gives us some reliable scoring past the top 6 and gives the team a different look.

I suggest:

Lucic Draisatl PJ
Maroon RNH Strome

I guess its worth a try. I will say though that looking at both wings there are only 2 players in this top 9 that have any chance at backing up the opposition defence. PJ and possibly Caggiula. I dont know how much of the current problem is about speed (if any) but man thats a slow footed set of top 9 wingers.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
My prediction is the Oilers go on a win streak of about 4-5 games, then fall apart again.

I keep thinking they can't hurt me any worse, and they do, so thats what i see coming

That is what Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles see as well. Hell, lets appoint Stevie the GM

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I suggest:

Lucic Draisatl PJ
Maroon RNH Strome
That's what I was thinking. I don't really know where PJ would fit best, but I'd like to try him with one of the guys for a few games before switching it up.

At the end of the day we need to figure out a few things this year. Maroon and RNH are two guys that may not be here next year. RNH is making a pretty damn good case for keeping him around. Maroon on the other hand, he's not really getting a chance to prove his worth. He needs to show that he can play with another center and isn't a direct result of McDavid.

So why not start trying some of this stuff now?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I guess its worth a try. I will say though that looking at both wings there are only 2 players in this top 9 that have any chance at backing up the opposition defence. PJ and possibly Caggiula. I dont know how much of the current problem is about speed (if any) but man thats a slow footed set of top 9 wingers.

Spreading out the slow!

I think the point to this line combo is that it drives the play from the middle out to the wings. It means you have to be shot heavy and have wingers in tight to the goal for the rebounds, tips and tap ins, and hard battles deep in the other teams zone. That is how you negate another teams speed. Oilers wont do that, they wont win many games this year.

Like I said, its worth a try as nothing else has worked. And Chiarelli is on record saying Leon is a centre. TMac maybe should take notice...LOL o_O

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Hate to say it but I hope they lose. We're out of the playoffs already and meaningful change will only happen in this org if we have a complete stinker of a season.

We've already been down this road. I don' think the team should bottom out like years past. When Sekera comes back we might be actually able to stay a float for a while. This team is way too talented to finish bottom of the league. Doubt we get within range of the 8th seed though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Spreading out the slow!

I think the point to this line combo is that it drives the play from the middle out to the wings. It means you have to be shot heavy and have wingers in tight to the goal for the rebounds, tips and tap ins, and hard battles deep in the other teams zone. That is how you negate another teams speed. Oilers wont do that, they wont win many games this year.

Like I said, its worth a try as nothing else has worked. And Chiarelli is on record saying Leon is a centre. TMac maybe should take notice...LOL o_O

Spreading out the slow...lol

Well done. :nod:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
they'll have a better game tonight...will it be enough?
season is off the rails...relax and have fun out there

and give the team a chance Cam!
First off, can it get any worse? I guess Zetterberg could grab Maroon and beat him up?

Second, the real problem is can they relax? It was kinda brought up on Jamieson's show, how guys after bad games start trying to do too much.

As it is this team can't even do one thing right, let alone trying to do multiple things.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
American Thanksgiving is here and the Oilers are well out of the playoffs. What a glorious season it's been. I guess now there's no pressure so maybe they can put some wins together.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad