Recalled/Assigned: Fogarty recalled from Hartford

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Eh. Grats to him but i dont see him staying long.

Imagine working your whole, entire life at something, in a certain field, trying not to be the best, no that dream is long gone. At this point you just work for the chance to be WITH the best. Time moves on and you find yourself too old, too slow, too untalented, maybe all of these and more. You keep working at it, you dedicate yourself to perfecting one aspect of your craft, hoping that will be enough to give you even a small role, for a small while
You form bonds with other gentlemen just like you. Men who are similarly on that tier just below the best. You're all in competition and yet you're friends and partners, laughing on the bus as you travel, dreaming about at least ONE of you making it.
You see a set of circumstances: injuries, young players, new coach. You see all this and wonder if maybe, just maybe, you'll make it. Before you know it, 19 games have passed. The routine of the lower tier life grabs hold of you and you dismiss that notion from your mind. You wake up, review film, start prepping a meal and the phone rings from a familiar number, your coach. You freeze for a second, faced with the prospect of maybe, just maybe...Ah forget it. You pick up the phone.
"Fogsie, you're goin up, kid"
BAM
It's like an invisible tornado pushes you in 5 directions at once before lifting you slightly.
It's almost like a single instant just justified and vindicated every thing you've done up until now.
What a moment.

Then Crypto Guy dismisses it all. :sarcasm:

Good luck to him.

Last edited:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Seems like this guy joins the clog up of 4th line talent the Rangers seem to stock pile with great acumen!

Never watched him play but I can’t get excited about a guy who’s been in the minors for a long time and was drafted in the 3rd round 7 years ago. If he plays any meaningful minutes something went horribly wrong.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like this guy joins the clog up of 4th line talent the Rangers seem to stock pile with great acumen!

Never watched him play but I can’t get excited about a guy who’s been in the minors for a long time and was drafted in the 3rd round 7 years ago. If he plays any meaningful minutes something went horribly wrong.
He's a big body that skates well, is strong, excellent defensively, has good intangibles, and isn't completely worthless offensively.

He nearly won the 4C spot in camp. I don't know how you'd be so unaware of him. Not like he's a household name but he's been good in camp the past two years and played the last game of last season as a reward for being a good soldier in the organization.

Nothing has gone terribly wrong. He's just a guy who put in his time, and then some, and is finally getting his chance.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
He's a big body that skates well, is strong, excellent defensively, has good intangibles, and isn't completely worthless offensively.

He nearly won the 4C spot in camp. I don't know how you'd be so unaware of him. Not like he's a household name but he's been good in camp the past two years and played the last game of last season as a reward for being a good soldier in the organization.

Nothing has gone terribly wrong. He's just a guy who put in his time, and then some, and is finally getting his chance.

I’m happy he’s getting his chance. I just mean he won’t be a meaningful contributor beyond the usual, call up from Hartford, play some games and hopefully stick. The reality is, the Rangers have so many forwards that seem to be AHL+ type talent or 5th line NHL talent that I just can’t get so excited about seeing another one.

What frustrates me is it seems like the organization is just flooded with this exact same player.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Seems to be a guy that can hold down the future 4th line center role if he plays like this. Not a bad debut at all for the year

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Fogarty was solid last night. I've had hope for him since ND days, knowing if he made it that it would be in recognizing his defensive acumen rather than some offensive threat. He has kept his head down and worked every year on being a better player. He didn't disappoint in the pre-season and didn't disappoint last night. For a big body, he's quick in short bursts along the boards and in the D zone and seems to have learned how to use his body to protect the puck better. While I like Lettieri as a spark plug, I think Fogie is a better fit for this 4th line. I hope he stays up for a bit to see him settle in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad