Recalled/Assigned: Fogarty recalled from Hartford

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Finally, only took him like a billion years to develop.

For real though I could see this guy carving out a role.

Some people underestimate the importance of developing good bottom-6 forwards. Guys like Hagelin and Fast are essential to making the finances work under the salary cap. Fogarty could be the next in line to take on that role at a cheap AAV

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Some people underestimate the importance of developing good bottom-6 forwards. Guys like Hagelin and Fast are essential to making the finances work under the salary cap. Fogarty could be the next in line to take on that role at a cheap AAV
More like a home-grown Boyle style-wise, but your point stands.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Mainly because they are always available in full force in the offseason for super cheap.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Hoped he nails a role here. Can only imagine how good that would feel for him, his grind have been very long. Seven years in the very same farm is not a common thing, just for that along he should be handed a spot over say McLeod in my book. I'm rooting for you boy!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Well deserved. He played very well in his one game last season and had a very good preseason.

He's not ancient and sometimes it takes guys a little longer to developer and figure it all out. Here's to hoping he has Derek Ryan luck and can stick.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
No guy in the organization deserves this chance more. Hopefully he can build off of his strong training camp.

Also, how have there only been two CCR references to this point!? C'mon people.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Disagree. There's a difference between the McLeods of the world who sign for 1 year at the min, and the Martins who sign for 3x the min for 3 years.

Well, i'm going with the AHL/NHL tweeners like Forgerty (and that's giving him a lot of credit since he has only played 1 NHL game.)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
thought he had a fantastic preseason. I'm excited to see him, though he'll probably play less than 6 mins a game

I don't think he'll mind.

We'll see if he can kill penalties though.

Gotta say, before this season, of all our property in the AHL that I expected to get a call-up, Fogarty was pretty low on the list.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What did Jay Beagle/Antoine Roussel/Ryan Reeves/Leo Komarov sign for this offseason?

Haha, you aren't comparing a 25 year old with one NHL game under his belt with those guys are you?

I'm sure you could get quite a few 4th liners for league min...that also come with NHL experience..

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Haha, you aren't comparing a 25 year old with one NHL game under his belt with those guys are you?

I'm sure you could get quite a few 4th liners for league min...that also come with NHL experience..
I think you overexaggerating how cheap "good" 4th line talent comes.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think you overexaggerating how cheap "good" 4th line talent comes.

Depends what you consider "good" 4 liners. If we are using Fogerty as the example of a "good" forth line NHl than the bar is mighty low considering he's not even a NHL regular.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Depends what you consider "good" 4 liners. If we are using Fogerty as the example of a "good" forth line NHl than the bar is mighty low considering he's not even a NHL regular.
No you're right about that. We don't know how Fogarty is gonna fare at the NHL level yet
But a lot of 4th liners don't just sign for the league minimum, which is why it's important to develop good bottom 6 within the organization, like hopefully Fogarty

Reactions: lucky13

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Good for him. Gets his shot finally.

He’s a big dude. Perfect 4c type. Can play D and PK. Skating to me has always been kinda meh.

Handles the puck like a live skunk and despite his 7 goals doesn’t really show much offensive ability.

He’s a slower boo Nieves imo.

Hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He probably should of made the team out of Camp

So 4th mine C but that means Andersson on the wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad