Pre-Game Talk: Flyers vs Leafs-April 4th Getting closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Looking forward to another 3 point game for Kadri. Look at that defense guys...I don't care if the Leafs wake up at 6:59 PM and come to play at 7:00...you can't miss this opportunity.

This is like one of two games in the entire season where the Leafs are facing a tired team.

Exploit that D and Mason in net...

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Expecting a break out game from JVR
he's gonna make the Flyers D look like pylons

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
e20bef6b57826919c0e97c02c45de462_bigger.jpeg
Ryan O'Byrne ‏@ryanobyrne84 18h
Really excited to be joining the Toronto Maple Leafs!
Also, I would like to thank the Colorado Avalanche organization for the past 3 years. Pleasure to play in the great city of Denver.

is that an open coffin?
e20bef6b57826919c0e97c02c45de462.jpeg

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
Mason will not start against the Leafs. It's Bryzgalov again in the back to back.

Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC 45m
Carlyle: Joe Colborne could play for #Leafs tonight if McLaren not ready to go.
David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 47m
#Leafs new defenceman Ryan O'Byrne will not arrive until late this afternoon. Carlyle says probably not fair to throw him into Flyers

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
Mason will not start against the Leafs. It's Bryzgalov again in the back to back.

Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC 45m
Carlyle: Joe Colborne could play for #Leafs tonight if McLaren not ready to go.
David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 47m
#Leafs new defenceman Ryan O'Byrne will not arrive until late this afternoon. Carlyle says probably not fair to throw him into Flyers

Of course Mason won't play against us even though it's probably for the best

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Won't put absolutes on the game, but damn I want another win. I'm not going to be comfortable until this season ends regardless so might as well win as many games as possible until then.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Roster info after trade deadline...

The 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots. NHL teams are only allowed to dress a maximum of 20 players – 18 skaters and two goaltenders – for any given game, but those 20 must come from the 23-player active roster.

Both the 23-player active roster and 20-player game roster can change day-to-day and game-to-game. All changes to the team’s 23-player active roster must be cleared through the NHL’s Central Registry before the move is considered finalized (and before the player is eligible to play in a game). In most cases the clearance from Central Registry is simple and completed in a nominal time span. Changes to the 20 players on the game roster are even easier – the list is submitted to the NHL official (either referee or official scorer) by the team (usually the head coach) moments before the start of the game. Prior to submitting the list, the team can choose from any members of its 23-man active roster.

So the leafs could have 30 players sitting around that they can pick for their "23 man active roster" and then they pick their 20 man "game roster from them"
why would you want 30 people sitting around; 10 of them not playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad