Seravalli: Flyers interested in Lawson Crouse

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I like the player, just not sure if it's the best way for Philly to spend a first rounder at this point. If they were already contending I'd be fine with it but they are more than a Lawson Crouse away from being the team they need to be.
I think this is the right answer. It's not that Crouse wouldn't be a welcomed addition, it's that Philly has bigger problems than finding a middle 6 LW, especially by trading a mid 1st. Crouse is an awesome player to have, contenders should be his market.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If Crouse gets a 1st then I can only imagine what Giroux will get us

Giroux would be in demand and get a decent return but Crouse is an RFA so slightly different (plus age gap obviously).

Crouse would be a good pickup for a lot of competing sides, especially on his current contract so it doesn't really make sense for the Flyers to be buying at the likely high price.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Caps fan who doesn't follow the Coyotes so has limited exposure to Crouse. But honestly, the way Arizona fans talk about him remind me of how Caps fans talked about Wilson before the rest of league fanbases took notice of his skill, and the way he impacts a game aside from physically.

LaPierre and Winnipeg's 2nd?
Drop the 2nd to a lower pick and add Iorio?
Arizona need a "maybe" Goalie prospect? Caps have a few in Clark, Bjorklund, and Gibson.

(Not really sure the Caps should be going after Crouse, doubt they would honestly. But the idea of him and Wilson both crashing and scoring... Yum.)

This also assumes that he is as good as Coyotes fans say, and that is shared by others across the league. I.e., that he's worth it.

Last edited:

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I like the player, just not sure if it's the best way for Philly to spend a first rounder at this point. If they were already contending I'd be fine with it but they are more than a Lawson Crouse away from being the team they need to be.

Well last offseason Fletcher basically spent a 1st, 2-2nds, a 7th, Shayne Gostisbehere AND Robert Hagg for Rasmus effin' Ristolainen...so a 1st for Crouse would be a great deal.

A real GM on the other hand could do better for the Flyers.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Goodrow had 41pts in his previous 144 games when he (+ a 3rd, I think) returned a 1st.
Coleman had 67pts in his previous 135 games when he returned a 1st and a recently-drafted 1st round prospect.
Crouse has 54pts in his last 148 games. He's also a 24yr old RFA.

If Crouse is a 4th liner, well... actually, there's no "if". Crouse isn't a 4th liner.

They don't need Crouse, but his acquisition could push the team over the top with an element that they don't have a lot of. Similar to how Tampa didn't need Coleman and Goodrow, but those guys helped their depth and gave them a significant advantage come playoff time.
People brought up Coleman & Goodrow and others have said Crouse is cheap so I was surprised that he’s a RFA with arbitration rights in the off-season.

Coleman had an extra year at 1.8m and Goodrow has an extra year at 925k (and San Jose sent a 3rd Rd pick in return). The only reason those players got such a ridiculous return was those contracts.

Tampa was pretty desperate to have Goodrow’s minimum deal on their 2020-21 roster for obvious reasons. There was a bidding war for Coleman because of his crazy value contract and he was an elite defensive forward with the perfect extras (speed, hitting, play driving, PK & 5v5 goal scoring).

Crouse is cheap now but the team that gets him is probably going to want to have the extra space to give him a raise next year so they can keep him. I assume it wouldn’t be too much but he isn’t cost controlled.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Crouse is going to cost a 1st or equal prospect there of. Have no idea why the buffoon Fletch is inquiring as Flyers need a rebuild not nice 3rd line players.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
If he gets traded to another team, I predict he will be play on the 4th line and his offense will drop dramatically. That's my bet, as far as what avatar you put up if I'm right, quite frankly, I don't care cause this is a pointless bet with an anonymous stranger online
Are you a teenager? You seem to keep throwing 'I don't care' as if it's cool and will save you from having to admit you were incorrect.

Okay, do you agree to the bet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad