MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2022-1-6_11-52-54.png

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He means the world to Arizona, at the moment. You'd have to pry him away, at a way bigger price than the average 3rd liner. I don't think a 1st round pick gets it done.

Last edited:

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Crouse is on pace for a career year on a horrible team. He's a great character guy too and he's an RFA at the end of the season.

I doubt the flyers would give up a 1st for him though, seeing as how they're on the bubble and don't have a second this year. Maybe Morgan Frost? Any good young defense prospects other than York in Philly?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so did they just grab nash off waivers so they can move crouse, or will they be tempted by ritchie to replace him?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Just for my own sake, can you describe what you believe to be our 'style of game'?

Might I ask if you're a true Flyers fan? I honestly really dislike the Flyers, but it's no secret they'll always have the identity of being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night, correction try that is if they don't suck. They're not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.

Players that match the Flyers description that played for them: Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Eric Lindros, Chris Pronger, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Rod Brind'Amour, Keith Primeau, Mark Recchi, Kevin Dineen (but I consider him more a Whaler), those are the kind of examples of players who played the ideal game the Flyers expect people to play. Lawson Crouse would fit the Flyers like a glove, similar to when they went out and got Daniel Carcillo.

But I think personally they've shown more to sellout, try way... too hard to be good and overpay terrible ex-superstars to the dumbest contracts. The dumbest excuse I ever heard is people in Philly work very, very hard and expect a lot from their sports teams. Honestly, as stressful as a team are the Flyers are to manage, I'd definitely go the young route and build around young players only.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Might I ask if you're a true Flyers fan? I honestly really dislike the Flyers, but it's no secret they'll always have the identity of being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night, correction try that is if they don't suck. They're not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.

Players that match the Flyers description that played for them: Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Eric Lindros, Chris Pronger, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Rod Brind'Amour, Keith Primeau, Mark Recchi, Kevin Dineen (but I consider him more a Whaler), those are the kind of examples of players who played the ideal game the Flyers expect people to play. Lawson Crouse would fit the Flyers like a glove, similar to when they went out and got Daniel Carcillo.

But I think personally they've shown more to sellout, try way... too hard to be good and overpay terrible ex-superstars to the dumbest contracts. The dumbest excuse I ever heard is people in Philly work very, very hard and expect a lot from their sports teams. Honestly, as stressful as a team are the Flyers are to manage, I'd definitely go the young route and build around young players only.

I am, and have been a Flyers fan for thirty years. The Flyers haven't had a 'tough' identity on the ice in at least 10 years, probably more.

I understand that there is a stereotype that seems to not die, but our style of play is the polar opposite of tough. If we're being honest, I'd say the Flyers don't actually have an identity anymore, but thara here nor there, I suppose. I wouldn't even call this team 'scrappy' anymore - which is what I'd have likely called it back in the early 2010s.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site

An immense amount of disrespect towards the Flyers in this post. Totally uncalled for imo

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Flyers lost their identity under AV - maybe a bit before. They need a fresh look and to find some identity guys like the Rangers did this past offseason.

Guys like Richards, Simmons, Carcillo who carried that swagger are long gone. I used to look forward to the NYR vs Philly home and home series which would always get really nasty. Now it’s just another game.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
He will be a great addition to the Flyers. Exactly the type of player they need. Of course all depends on the cost

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

This is very much not our style of game anymore.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Crouse is a quality 3rd liner I'd imagine a lot of teams would be interested in adding some sandpaper with scoring who is still under team control past this season.

Won't be cheap and I don't think we're particularly interested in selling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad