Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in the SENS Den, Sat. 2:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Exactly. Boro doing his old stuff, he has to stop doing that but at the same time, it's the "system"

Should have stopped the 2nd. The first is very hard to stop because a shot from the middle of the slot is way harder to anticipate.

Many NHL goalies could have make this team stronger this year but probably not enough to make the playoffs so might as well keep our top-10 pick. Top-10 is very good this year. The more I think about it, the more I think I want Wahlstrom.

I'd say its a constant theme with one player. Boro has just got to be smarter. You can't be trying to deck guys with open ice hits every shift, I don't think the system asks for the defensemen to step up when the puck is in the middle of the ice. Thats just Boro trying to do much, It's likely him trying to spark his team but knows better.

Meh, you have a player walking down his off wing uncontested and has all the time in the world to pick the goalie apart.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, I don't think its a coincidence that both goaltenders are looking a lot worse than the previous season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'll say it again. Duchene is one of the best senators of all time.
That was incredible. At a time when the team was ready to go home to bed

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Another game, another backup goalie, another loss. Disheartening to think that was EK's last home game, couldnt even get a game star.. Shows one last burst of speed at the end to show GM's he's still got it. Pretty much a go thru the motions game it felt like.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Another game, another backup goalie, another loss. Disheartening to think that was EK's last home game, couldnt even get a game star.. Shows one last burst of speed at the end to show GM's he's still got it. Pretty much a go thru the motions game it felt like.

Even that last burst of speed felt slower than his usual.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
One goal from the finals to this.

What the **** happened?

Anderson fell off a cliff, post-surgery Karlsson (I wonder in hindsight if it would have been best if he took another month before returning), potential disconnect between players and coach. It doesn't really take much to go from getting into the playoffs by four points to having a disaster bottom five season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
One goal from the finals to this.

What the **** happened?

IMO ...

Dorion over estimating a bubble team that overachieved the year before. No top 6 forward , No Methot replacement
Boucher for being too stubborn and not making adjustments to get the team on track; The System was not working
and Melnyk for throwing fuel to the fire with Turris and the fans

Add to that less than adequate goal tending for what ever reason

Last edited:
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The second Sens goal is one of those interesting ones where Stone gets a point for the assist but doesn't get the +1.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Watched it simply on the chance that it is Karlsson's last game as a Sen. Pretty entertaining game, Flyers have a lot of skilled players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad