Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in the SENS Den, Sat. 2:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
$20 just to park my f***ing car lol. Imagine parking prices in a few years?

Also, d'argy mcgee's sucks

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I would rank it like that :

1) Karlsson post injury, really struggling defensively and in transition. Not having the same impact offensively.

2) Anderson fell off a cliff (due to age and riding an emotional high last year), Condon proving he is not that good.

3) Methot lost to expansion, Claesson and/or Oduya can't fill his shoes. Left a really big hole on the left side, no #2 D-man, exposing Phaneuf and Ceci who are #4

4) Boucher lost it, his system clearly not working anymore : team defense in shambles. Coaching staff can't adjust. Oh and Dave Sparky Allison made a good point, special teams are terrible this year.

5) Turris trade : clearly affected the locker room. Even though Duchene is technically a better hockey player, a trade like is not good to make at the start of a season

6) Most ******ed schedule ever

5) MacArthur was still on the payroll, expected to be part of the team, your #6 forward gone for good

6) Ryan who was still the best #4-5 forward keep getting injured. Ryan-Brassard-Stone was a really good line before his first injury.

I think we're underrating the losses of Wideman and Boro early in the season. Along with Methot, that's 3 of our top 6 from last season.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
For those who have been around for a while, how many times can you remember an Ottawa team having problems in the dressing room? It seems to come back to haunt this team every couple or few yrs. Leadership seems to always be a problem here for some unknown reason or IMO ownership may have a lot to do with that.
Might be the actual locker room. Maybe they should test for mold or radon

Reactions: DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I would rank it like that :

1) Karlsson post injury, really struggling defensively and in transition. Not having the same impact offensively.

2) Anderson fell off a cliff (due to age and riding an emotional high last year), Condon proving he is not that good.

3) Methot lost to expansion, Claesson and/or Oduya can't fill his shoes. Left a really big hole on the left side, no #2 D-man, exposing Phaneuf and Ceci who are #4

4) Boucher lost it, his system clearly not working anymore : team defense in shambles. Coaching staff can't adjust. Oh and Dave Sparky Allison made a good point, special teams are terrible this year.

5) Turris trade : clearly affected the locker room. Even though Duchene is technically a better hockey player, a trade like is not good to make at the start of a season

6) Most ******ed schedule ever

5) MacArthur was still on the payroll, expected to be part of the team, your #6 forward gone for good

6) Ryan who was still the best #4-5 forward keep getting injured. Ryan-Brassard-Stone was a really good line before his first injury.
What you fail to list that's probably the most important after Karlsson not being in IDDQD form is team construction.

The team was built around a lot of old slow bodies. Dorion and Murray gave a lot of resources to acquire the likes of Phaneuf, Ryan and Burrows. Signing the likes of Smith, Oduya, Thompson, Borowiecki, Anderson. Even a few core players from the system in Stone and Ceci aren't fleet of foot. Then you go and play a neutral zone trap that is easily broken with speed up the middle, the team was going against all the trends in the NHL and it blew up in a very bad way in their face.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
FQL is correct, Murray loved the slow grinding game. Thankfully for us (and the team...) we are getting faster up front. The back end is another issue, but it can start getting fixed in the draft. Might be the last game I go to this year, GOlden Palace egg rollzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz though....

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
FQL is correct, Murray loved the slow grinding game. Thankfully for us (and the team...) we are getting faster up front. The back end is another issue, but it can start getting fixed in the draft. Might be the last game I go to this year, GOlden Palace egg rollzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz though....

We should get faster on the back end. I hear Karlsson is pretty good

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Anyone at the Flyers game have a STH ticket stub they wouldn't mind giving me? it was my kids first game, and I was hoping to have something a little nicer than a TM printout. I would really appreciate it!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad