GDT: Flyers @ Flames, December 4 @ 7:00 - The "Nuke Everything" Edition

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What are they going over.

This is a nothing play. Weise tried to dodge, took a piece and now he is done?

Didn't even hit him in the head.

Quality officiating this game after they high sticked themselves.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I have felt that way as well. The biggest indicator is when the team loses the puck on the cycle and it's trickling to the wall as a loose puck. Pretty much every team has their D pinch to keep it alive, we have our D back off. I believe Gulutzan referred to this as "50/50 Hockey" where if you don't have a 70%+ chance of getting to the puck, you don't take the risk.

The best coaches have their team playing at a high tempo and giving their opponents all they can handle. The Flames have enough speed, especially on their blue line to play this way. They should be pressuring at every opportunity. Instead they're barely managing to keep their opponent in front of them. Say what you want for the stretch pass but it at least keeps the other team on it's heels.

If the Flames move I hope they take that dunce Francis with them. Heard enough from him for a lifetime.

Reactions: Chief Mucker

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
The definition doesn't really mean much if all they have done is turn it into a guy who's team most overachieved.

How is it that Babcock, Sutter and Quenville have 1 win between them (when Q was in St. L) and yet Bylsma, Hartley, Roy and MacLean each have one in the last 10 years.

Is there a single list of top 5 coaches over the past 10 years that doesn't have at least 1, if not all 3, of those guys listed on it? Is there a single list of the top 20 coaches of the past 10 years that has any of the 4 guys who won listed?

The considered top coaches in hockey history all have trophies since its introduction so it obviously carries some weight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad