GDT: Flyers @ Flames, December 4 @ 7:00 - The "Nuke Everything" Edition

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So of course you are 100% satisfied with the team after every victory, right? You apply this logic consistently and feel that a win is a win no matter how the team plays?

At the end of the day, changes should be made with a goal. It's one thing for fans to want to be drama queens on meaningless message boards and vent their frustrations, but do we honestly expect coaches and GMs to behave that way? We lost this last game while carrying the play. The reasons for losing the game are not related to chemistry or combinations. It's just individual errors combined with bounces and opportunism from the other team. Are any of these things solved by switching line combos?

It isn't just one game these defensive pairings haven't been working all season and the bottom 6 has been a dud all year as well.

Really the 3M line hasn't had near the chemistry they had in the past. The offensive numbers are there for Tkachuk and Backlund but that seems to be more individualistic or PP than that line creating a ton together.

And I would say there certainly are problems that appear to be because of chemistry and line combinations. Our reliance on the top line for offense isn't because of bad luck. Hamilton not being a great fit for the top defensive minutes isn't due to bad bounces.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't see your tongue from my side of the screen. :P

It’s just everytime we overpay for a vet; we get to hear how good he is in the dressing room like it’s suppose to cheer us up having a 4th line grinder making 4.5; or centre making north of 3.5, or 5/6th defenceman making 5+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad