Pre-Game Talk: Flyers at the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Look at Jets record vs Flyers ... Jets 16 games below 500 against them ... the worst of any team.
When a team plays like crap ... they usually a lot better the next game also I noticed that teams that play B2B get more PPs.
Just look at the four B2B the Jets played ... the opposing team never had more PPs than the Jets in any of those 4 games ... the Jets had 15 PPs vs the opponents 7.
I'm just going by stats.
Except these aren't predictive stats. How the 2011 Jets did against the 2011 Flyers is meaningless in terms of predicting today's outcome. Is there long term evidence of PP deferential on B2B or just something you noticed over a couple games? If you want the best approximation of the Jets chances just take a glance at today's betting line. Gambling operators make their money on finding the right tipping point to get equal action on both sides. They will have put in a lot more work than any of us by going through actual predictive information.

Reactions: Jets 31

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
They will have put in a lot more work than any of us by going through actual predictive information.

I believe they mostly only look at:

- Home vs Road
- Player stats

Most other things are just noise. B2B will affect starting goalie (player stats). Injuries will affect player stats.

They simply don’t need complicated models with advanced stats etc. because they have their margins. If sometimes they give out bad odds they still won’t lose much on individual games - and those bad odds serve as advertising to us who think we can beat the house. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad