Pre-Game Talk: Flyers at the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just thought we could bury the Wings game and move on to the next game against the Flyers . Come on Jets lets light it up for the home crowd , you kind of owe us one . :thumbu:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some are a little worried about our goals for and against St.Louis has 98 for and 90 against and we have 94 for and 88 against and have played 1 less game . Our season isn't over just yet . :laugh:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Gee thanks 31 nothing will make me forget about the “Wings” more than a team called the”Flyers” lol

It seems longish wining streaks are built into this teams DNA.

Flyers will, be coming off a back to back against the Wild, who hopefully grind them to a nub, so the Jets better take advantage.

I look at players like El Capitan and Connor to snap out of that horrid play.

Reactions: Jets 31

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
I'm a little bit affraid of this game. We have had problems against them and not played very fluent games. Except that 7-1 victory last year. They have strong team and if Hart is game on mode, then we have looooong night like last night.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: kanadalainen

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Time to make up for that stinker against Detroit against another team whose name suggests the ability to take flight...
giphy.gif

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
What up with 4:00 start? Not 2, not 6, not 7 rather 4. I predict a loss based solely on oddball start time.

I'll be at the game with an unimpressive record thus far for my attendance.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We need to quickly turn the page from that awful effort against the worst place team in the league. Would hate to look back and say Detroit was when the wheels came flying off of Cinderella's carriage.

Let's get back to what is the team's claimed identity. Team defense, great goaltending and outworking the other team every shift. Doesn't hurt to lose when we bring a solid effort.

Go Jets Go

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's amazing how you can lose one game in the Central and lose so much ground , this Central is going to be a battle right to the end of the season . :phew:

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Fun facts for me:

I am going to this game with a buddy that likes to drink like I do so no brakes on the car so to speak.

I usually see the Flyers beat us at BellMTS so I may need to self medicate.

This will be the first game I have any booze at this season.

I have been really busy with life and have never watched less Jets hockey live or on TV.

I am enjoying my more casual relationship with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What up with 4:00 start? Not 2, not 6, not 7 rather 4. I predict a loss based solely on oddball start time.

I'll be at the game with an unimpressive record thus far for my attendance.

Better 4 than 9. And Saturday game not on SN! What more could you want? :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fun facts for me:

I am going to this game with a buddy that likes to drink like I do so no brakes on the car so to speak.

I usually see the Flyers beat us at BellMTS so I may need to self medicate.

This will be the first game I have any booze at this season.

I have been really busy with life and have never watched less Jets hockey live or on TV.

I am enjoying my more casual relationship with the Jets.
Hopefully your not a angry drinker just in case the Jets play like last night .:laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Are you going to the game Benny? How are you feeling about the Flyers this season?

First one I will miss. Came up to FF to visit my folks.

Although with this Oskar news would of been tough to get up for this game :(

Flyers are vastly improved, but the injuries are piling up now, so could be a tough stretch here.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I think the Jets PP will elevate or sink them this season and post-season.
I am totally fine with Ehlers, Connor, Scheifele, Morissey, Pionk and Laine on the PP.
My body tenses up immensely when Wheeler has the puck. He seems to stickhandle like crazy with noone around him, skate fast away from the checker, and then either backhand it away or pass it to nooone.
Obviously, PoMo is more knowledgeable than myself, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the PP runs through Wheeler the majority of the time.
I believe that if Wheeler continue to play 1:30 of PP time and be the primary passer, we are screwed.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I am totally fine with Ehlers, Connor, Scheifele, Morissey, Pionk and Laine on the PP.
My body tenses up immensely when Wheeler has the puck. He seems to stickhandle like crazy with noone around him, skate fast away from the checker, and then either backhand it away or pass it to nooone.
Obviously, PoMo is more knowledgeable than myself, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the PP runs through Wheeler the majority of the time.
I believe that if Wheeler continue to play 1:30 of PP time and be the primary passer, we are screwed.
I should add that I love Wheeler at center. Hard worker, fast, good on faceoffs. A good, straight ahead center who can play a ton and be a tremendous asset.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

I agree with your feedback on Wheeler - he doesn't fit in with what the others could potentially be -
I'm referring to quick decision making - he's too slow in figuring out his next move and he gets crowded while he thinks things through.
We need someone who can not only pass the puck, but move it quickly - if it all goes through Wheels, we are not going to look any different no matter who you throw out there. He also telegraphs his shots - when he takes the shot rather than the pass, you can see it coming a mile away.

I also agree that he is bringing a lot to the second line as a center - but he's killing the PP if he continues to be the QB.
Move him down low and replace him with KC - in other words, switch roles.
And it doesn't have to be KC although I think he has the skills to make plays quickly and work along the boards if he has to - he also has a very quick shot - especially if they give him any room to move into the slot or closer in.

I'm sounding like a wheeler basher but I'm really not - he brings a lot to the game but I think the PP needs to evolve out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad