Proposal: lucas raymond for leo carlsson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As a Detroit fan, I'd like to hear the OP elaborate about why Detroit would do this.

Carlsson would probably be great in Detroit, he'd be a 1C or 2C in Detroit with Larkin, but have we given up hope that Danielson can be that player already?

If you subtract Raymond from this team, the wingers in Detroit are super mid (and that's being generous). We don't have many prospects on the horizon that will change that.

I don't know enough about Anaheim's organization but it seems like their posters don't care for this either.
Carlsson was the prize for the bad seasons weve had . we took him over Fantilli. I think he is seen as a corner stone for the team going forward.

You coulda put anyone in not named bedard and anaheim fans prob laugh at it.

We have plenty of other assets to get a winger to fill out the line up... would we love raymond, sure but hes not and shouldn't be available.

We are deep at top 6 center with Carlsson gauthier mctavish and zegras.... but carlsson is the least likely to be moved, and really we shouldnt be moving any of them until we see how they all mesh/develop.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Raymond for Carlsson is pretty close value but why would either team make this trade? Detroit is at the stage of their rebuild where they need to start bringing in older prospects and trading assets for established (good) players to solidify the roster and Anaheim is still at the stage where they need to be making high picks and waiting for guys like Carlsson to show what they are at the NHL level.

It's just a bad trade all around. If Detroit should be trading with anyone it should be teams like St. Louis that are just about to be entering a rebuild.

Reactions: Kalv

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This is one of those thoughts you prob just keep to yourself

You just don’t trade a Leo carlsson, specially for a downgrade.

Very few pieces in the league I’d consider moving carlsson for
You don’t want an older, less talented player who plays a less important position?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Probably? I don’t think Pat even takes a second to ponder the idea.

Raymond is a nice player but not someone you trade away a potential elite/franchise center for.
Raymond is a potential top 10 winger (nylander type player/potential) while Carlsson is Barkov type potential (top 7 center)

Yes Barkov > Nylander as a player + position but risk for DET is Carlsson doesnt reach that level as hes further away from it then Raymond

Detroit has been rebuilding for 5+ years now. Raymond is 22 or so. They will bank on him taking another step and being a cornerstone 1W for next 10 years

Ducks will bank on Carlsson potential and give him reps + opps to try and cement himself next 2 years.

Bad trade for both teams at their respective competitiveness periods.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No from Detroit. You've never brought anything remotely interesting to the table.

Detroit likes Raymond a lot. Anaheim likes Carlsson a lot. We need to add to Raymond. Even adding a C for him just moves a strength from W to C without a good way to replenish that.
Detroit does this deal in a nanosecond lmao

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Both teams say no.

Raymond is an emerging star W and Carlsson is a potential star C. Both are high level assets. But this a trade that is just robbing Peter to pay Paul for both teams.

Carlsson is more valuable in a vacuum, but Raymond has answered a lot of questions and is the emotional core of the young team. You can't trade Raymond unless it's in a deal for a superstar.

Reactions: Sparty

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
This is one of those thoughts you prob just keep to yourself

You just don’t trade a Leo carlsson, specially for a downgrade.

Very few pieces in the league I’d consider moving carlsson for
Raymond is in no way shape or form a “downgrade” right now.

Carlson is a #2 pick who could or could not end up better than Raymond.

Raymond is a slightly older #4 pick who’s played like the second best player in his draft class who’s looking like he will be a star

I don’t think Anaheim would do it either, but the idea the Wings would accept this in a second is just wrong

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Raymond is in no way shape or form a “downgrade” right now.

Carlson is a #2 pick who could or could not end up better than Raymond.

Raymond is a slightly older #4 pick who’s played like the second best player in his draft class who’s looking like he will be a star

I don’t think Anaheim would do it either, but the idea the Wings would accept this in a second is just wrong
The narrative on HFBoards that every Wings player and pick is garbage is hilarious. You can tell the posters here are still very much in their feelings about the Wings even though they haven't done anything worth mentioning in almost two decades.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The narrative on HFBoards that every Wings player and pick is garbage is hilarious. You can tell the posters here are still very much in their feelings about the Wings even though they haven't done anything worth mentioning in almost two decades.
I think its more you could have mentioned anyone and ducks fans woulda laughed at it, carlsson just aint movin

i like raymond and would love to add a raymond, hell id love to grab Breggren too. But any talk with carlsson is not happening right now

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Neither team does this because there of the negative optics from losing a trade like this compared to nothing from a trade not made. What if Anaheim makes the trade and in 2 years Carlsson is a 100+ point top 5 C and Raymond is "just" a ppg top line wing? From Detroit perspective, what if Carlsson is "only" a 70-80 point C and Raymond becomes a 110 point per season wing? Each side has more to lose making the trade.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Raymond is a potential top 10 winger (nylander type player/potential) while Carlsson is Barkov type potential (top 7 center)

Yes Barkov > Nylander as a player + position but risk for DET is Carlsson doesnt reach that level as hes further away from it then Raymond

Detroit has been rebuilding for 5+ years now. Raymond is 22 or so. They will bank on him taking another step and being a cornerstone 1W for next 10 years

Ducks will bank on Carlsson potential and give him reps + opps to try and cement himself next 2 years.

Bad trade for both teams at their respective competitiveness periods.
lol. You just wrote all of that, why? I already said Raymond was a good player. I also didn’t say anything about whether Detroit should or shouldn’t trade him away. But nobody’s trading away a potential franchise center for a winger. Go rant somewhere else because nothing you said has anything to do with what you quoted me as saying.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
lol. You just wrote all of that, why? I already said Raymond was a good player. I also didn’t say anything about whether Detroit should or shouldn’t trade him away. But nobody’s trading away a potential franchise center for a winger. Go rant somewhere else because nothing you said has anything to do with what you quoted me as saying.
Potential franchise center for potential franchise winger

Carlsson d9esnt have the ceiling of the top 5Cs in the league. A franchise winger can be ahead of a franchise center in that case

Rantanen or Pastranak vs Barkov

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why would they, exactly? There’s absolutely no W guarantee Carlson gets to the level Raymond showed this season
I guess with this logic you wouldn't move Raymond for Bedard either?

Carlson has significantly higher upside while also playing the far more important position. It isn't even close.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tbh I don’t see why either team does this. Why is Detroit subtracting one of the best young players on a team that missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker? Why is Anaheim trading their best prospect for an older guy with an arguably lower ceiling when they finished 30th in the league this year
To get a young number 1C for sure Yzerman makes this deal. IMO the only player on Detroit Yzermsn wouldn’t trade for Carlsson would be Seider. And even then he’d likely think long on it.

Rasmus Dahlin for Leo Carlson?

if power isn’t enough
This is a trade that Buffalo should do.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Carlson has significantly higher upside while also playing the far more important position. It isn't even close.
Eh I mean I get it from Detroit fans…. this proposal was going to rub both fan bases wrong from the start .

I do think there are trades to be made between the 2 teams but I think it would be fowler or gibson to detroit

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Eh I mean I get it from Detroit fans…. this proposal was going to rub both fan bases wrong from the start .

I do think there are trades to be made between the 2 teams but I think it would be fowler or gibson to detroit
That's more likely.

I think its more you could have mentioned anyone and ducks fans woulda laughed at it, carlsson just aint movin

i like raymond and would love to add a raymond, hell id love to grab Breggren too. But any talk with carlsson is not happening right now

There is literally one "Detroit" fan pushing for this trade.

Obviously, we'd like Leo Carlsson. But those guys necessitate monster returns and there is no interest from Detroit in trading current pieces thought to be cornerstones for a different cornerstone.

There is no quantity deal that gets Leo Carlsson. And Detroit really isn't in a spot in the rebuild to do a hockey trade for it because it opens just as big a hole as it fills.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's more likely.

There is literally one "Detroit" fan pushing for this trade.

Obviously, we'd like Leo Carlsson. But those guys necessitate monster returns and there is no interest from Detroit in trading current pieces thought to be cornerstones for a different cornerstone.

There is no quantity deal that gets Leo Carlsson. And Detroit really isn't in a spot in the rebuild to do a hockey trade for it because it opens just as big a hole as it fills.
Oh 100% both teams are would love to add the other player, but they’d also like to keep their guy and there’s no realistic trades to be made without those pieces so it’s pretty easy no from both sides

I’d still love to snag breggren tho or try to move up for the 15

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Oh 100% both teams are would love to add the other player, but they’d also like to keep their guy and there’s no realistic trades to be made without those pieces so it’s pretty easy no from both sides

I’d still love to snag breggren tho or try to move up for the 15
Berggren +Fabbri + 2nd for Fowler?

I know you probably wouldn't want Fabbri, but salary would need to get sent out.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

“Significantly” higher how?

Raymond was a 4th overall pick who’s been proving it in the NHL as the 2nd best player in his draft class. Raymond is 22 (a whopping two years older than Carlson) and just had 30+G/70+pts

Carlson is a 2nd over all pick and just had an injury riddled rookie season so hard to really judge it.

If Raymond has 90+pt upside then what the hell do you see Carlson be king? He’s no where close to Bedard, so that’s just a ridiculous comparison

What if Carlson stalls in development? He’s not a generational can’t miss prospwct

• Haha
Reactions: MD93 and Grinner

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
“Significantly” higher how?

Raymond was a 4th overall pick who’s been proving it in the NHL as the 2nd best player in his draft class. Raymond is 22 (a whopping two years older than Carlson) and just had 30+G/70+pts

Carlson is a 2nd over all pick and just had an injury riddled rookie season so hard to really judge it.

If Raymond has 90+pt upside then what the hell do you see Carlson be king? He’s no where close to Bedard, so that’s just a ridiculous comparison

What if Carlson stalls in development? He’s not a generational can’t miss prospwct

I feel like a pissing match is not needed from the 2 fan bases…. Just leave it at both teams say no and move on

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings says no. They have an up and coming centerman in Danielson. Leo would be redundant. Lucas is a clutch player that wins important hockey games. He's the type of guy that wins playoff series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad