Post-Game Talk: Flyers at Rangers - January 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
We just need to simplify the PP around Pirri, right now he's acting pretty much like a playmaker out there when he should just be the trigger man. He should play the simple passes and just be ready to shoot the puck, let others do the playmaking.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We just need to simplify the PP around Pirri, right now he's acting pretty much like a playmaker out there when he should just be the trigger man. He should play the simple passes and just be ready to shoot the puck, let others do the playmaking.

PP set up if the Rangers don't have the puck:

----20----
21-73-36
----27----

Let Stepan, Kreider, and Zuccarello do the dirty work down-low if we're battling for the puck. Pirri only needs to play a support role here. When they win the puck, get it down low to Kreider, up high to McDonagh, or to Stepan on the half-wall, and have Pirri and Zuccarello rotate...

----20----
21-36-73
----27----

Although, my ideal PP1 set up remains:

----20----
93-36-73
----21---

5 Fs, *****es

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
My ideal PP setup has Stepan on PP2. I'd go like this i think:

-----Kreider
Zbad-Buch-Zuke
-----Clendo

Buch and Zuke can rotate however they want, prolly want Buch at the wall when fully setup, he's got a good one timer.

PP2:
-------Nash
Stepan-JTM?-Pirri
-----McDonagh

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My ideal PP setup has Stepan on PP2. I'd go like this i think:

-----Kreider
Zbad-Buch-Zuke
-----Clendo

Buch and Zuke can rotate however they want, prolly want Buch at the wall when fully setup, he's got a good one timer.

PP2:
-------Nash
Stepan-JTM?-Pirri
-----McDonagh

I think Buch would be better on a wing, not the slot. Time and space, he can pass a player open. He has to make much quicker decisions in the slot.

I just don't think Zucc and Buch belong on the same PP. They fill the same PP role. What I think would work best is

-----Nash
Ziba-JTM-Buch
----Clendening

------Kreids
Step-Pirri-Zucc
------McD

JTM has a really good shot, and makes good decisions with limited space. He's good for the slot. I think his shot is close to as good as Pirri's, and he's a better decision maker. I'd prefer him on the PP to Pirri. Clendening should be on PP1, he's better on the PP than McDonagh. Clendening's best hockey is played on the PP. You could justify replacing Kreids and Zucc with Nash and Buch, but that would be changing up the first two lines and creating this.

---Kreids
Ziba-Miller--Zucc
-----Clendening

---Nash
Stepan-Pirri-Buch
----McD

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Teams have realized that Pirri has absolutely no idea what to do with the puck if he isn't shooting it. They cheat to his side and he has no threat to cut in, protect the puck, or make a good pass.

Reminds me of Greg Carey his first year of college. The only way to get him certain shots is to line him up at the blueline ala Ales Kotalik and just occasionally have him do hammer time.

I honestly think he's better doing tip drills in the slot.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think Buch would be better on a wing, not the slot. Time and space, he can pass a player open. He has to make much quicker decisions in the slot.

I just don't think Zucc and Buch belong on the same PP. They fill the same PP role. What I think would work best is

-----Nash
Ziba-JTM-Buch
----Clendening

------Kreids
Step-Pirri-Zucc
------McD

JTM has a really good shot, and makes good decisions with limited space. He's good for the slot. I think his shot is close to as good as Pirri's, and he's a better decision maker. I'd prefer him on the PP to Pirri. Clendening should be on PP1, he's better on the PP than McDonagh. Clendening's best hockey is played on the PP. You could justify replacing Kreids and Zucc with Nash and Buch, but that would be changing up the first two lines and creating this.

---Kreids
Ziba-Miller--Zucc
-----Clendening

---Nash
Stepan-Pirri-Buch
----McD

Buch was great in the slot early in the season, he's just so good in tight spaces. I do agree that he should go to the wall and switch with Zuke once we're fully setup though.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hey guys! Whadday think? The break gave me some time, lol.
Just click on it to enlarge and click again to really see it..... Didn't know how to simply post it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hey guys! Whadday think? The break gave me some time, lol.
Just click on it to enlarge and click again to really see it..... Didn't know how to simply post it.

That is pretty cool. 200 times better than anything I could have done.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
PP set up if the Rangers don't have the puck:

----20----
21-73-36
----27----

Let Stepan, Kreider, and Zuccarello do the dirty work down-low if we're battling for the puck. Pirri only needs to play a support role here. When they win the puck, get it down low to Kreider, up high to McDonagh, or to Stepan on the half-wall, and have Pirri and Zuccarello rotate...

----20----
21-36-73
----27----

Although, my ideal PP1 set up remains:

----20----
93-36-73
----21---

5 Fs, *****es

Yeah, that would be fun watching Stepan attempting to chase a player, let alone sometimes 2, going the other way when Zbad or Pirri misses the net and careens off the boards on the other side.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah, that would be fun watching Stepan attempting to chase a player, let alone sometimes 2, going the other way when Zbad or Pirri misses the net and careens off the boards on the other side.

Can't believe I never considered this!

You sir, have enlightened my thought process.

Should probably play 5 d-men on the PP, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad