Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Petr Mrazek for a conditional 2018 4th and conditional 2019 3rd

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Do we think he is better than Elliott?

They both have pros and cons. I think Elliott is a little bit more composed in the scramble situations for instance. Mrazek seems to overplay them and get a little wild. There's no denying that Mrazek is better in 1v1 situations, is a better puck-handler, and seems to cover the short-side better.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Not tested last night?

He was tested in regulation, OT, and stopped 5 of 6 in the shootout......

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I both love and hate his aggressiveness. It's nice to see that kind of compete level in a goalie, but he seems to really overplay things at times and I can see that leading to some pretty ugly goals against. For example, it's only 3 games in, but there's going to be a wraparound that's going to go in with him all the way behind the other post one of these games. That said, he battles, and he looks like the kind of tender that gets into shooters' heads. Almost looks like pre-groin injury Hextall back there if you squint, minus the homicidal tendencies.

The thing I like about him, though, is that he has looked much faster to me in recovering (small sample size, of course) than the guys we have had back there the past few years. I could be out to lunch here, but I thought Mase was excruciatingly slow to get across at times that last season he was here and it drove me nuts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I like Mrazek but his blocker saves are leaving crazy rebounds. He is quick and can make nice saves but I think he is trying to impress and will eventually settle in nicely. I like how he comes out and can handle the puck.

The puck handling should do a lot to ease pressure on our less desirable dmen

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The thing I like about him, though, is that he has looked much faster to me in recovering (small sample size, of course) than the guys we have had back there the past few years. I could be out to lunch here, but I thought Mase was excruciatingly slow to get across at times that last season he was here and it drove me nuts.

You weren't out to lunch, I'd presumed he had something wrong with him. He'd hold that far post for wayyyy too long after it had become the far post.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

He plays the position at a frenetic pace. Mase was more controlled in his movements, which looked or actually was a bit slow at times. Controlled is generally considered superior, but then Hasek just completely freelanced back there and he's the best goalie of all time, so...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
You said he "hasn't been tested much," but you missed last nights game, where he pitched a 65 minute shut-out, and stopped 5 of 6 shootout attempts. Safe to say your original comment was of the incorrect variety.

If you want to say he "hasn't done enough yet" then that is fine. It's still early. But, he was certainly "tested" last night and passed with flying colors.

It was one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

I think the two phrases are synonymous.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'd be more likely to play Mrazek against the high-skill teams with a lot of crisp puck movement. Elliott is more of an angles / wall / I-hope-it-hits-me goalie and would be my nod for teams that rely on point shots, screens, and tips. If Elliott is healthy, both should get steady work (unless one is playing significantly better than the other) to the playoffs.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It was one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

I think the two phrases are synonymous.

High-danger coring chances are high-danger scoring chances. They still have some highly skilled players and Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Pacioretty all had chances to score.

It baffles me that you're arguing that Mrazek was not tested in a game that you did not watch.

:laugh:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
You think they are gonna resign him and trade Neuvirth away if he keeps playing good?

If he continues to play well they will re-sign him, but if his play drops off and Elliot is starting in the playoffs I would be tempted to let him walk so they don't lose that extra draft pick. He has looked good for us so far though so I am leaning on him being the starter in the playoffs and being re-signed.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I both love and hate his aggressiveness. It's nice to see that kind of compete level in a goalie, but he seems to really overplay things at times and I can see that leading to some pretty ugly goals against. For example, it's only 3 games in, but there's going to be a wraparound that's going to go in with him all the way behind the other post one of these games. That said, he battles, and he looks like the kind of tender that gets into shooters' heads. Almost looks like pre-groin injury Hextall back there if you squint, minus the homicidal tendencies.
If not for Mrez you don't get two points last night. You could almost see players change their minds in the shootout add the nifty pokecheck and you have Mrez at his best.
Us Wings fan seem pretty devided on Mrez but he was making starting money and it wasn't working out in Detroit,not all of that was on Mrezak. Lets hope its win for Philly ,win for Detroit and win for Mrezak.
Dude going to work hard for his next deal and that bodes well for Philly and fans.
Can't wait to watch him frustrate Penguins players in the playoffs.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
If not for Mrez you don't get two points last night. You could almost see players change their minds in the shootout add the nifty pokecheck and you have Mrez at his best.
Us Wings fan seem pretty devided on Mrez but he was making starting money and it wasn't working out in Detroit,not all of that was on Mrezak. Lets hope its win for Philly ,win for Detroit and win for Mrezak.
Dude going to work hard for his next deal and that bodes well for Philly and fans.
Can't wait to watch him frustrate Penguins players in the playoffs.
IDK why but it really bothers me how you are not spelling Mrazek's name right :laugh:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
IDK why but it really bothers me how you are not spelling Mrazek's name right :laugh:
Because you just pointed out to me i had forgotten how its spelled correctly... i don't spell well to begin with.I think im part ..ummm ,that issue when letters are all backwards ..im that. And i won't attempt to spell it.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
:dunce:
High-danger coring chances are high-danger scoring chances. They still have some highly skilled players and Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Pacioretty all had chances to score.

It baffles me that you're arguing that Mrazek was not tested in a game that you did not watch.

:laugh:

I'm fine wearing the cap. I'd rather be irrationally wary of goalie performance in SSS than wrong about another goalie being something they're not. I probably won't be convinced that Mrazek is anything special until he has a half a season of above average play. Until then, I'll squat in my corner and make noises :dunce::propeller:pout::pullhair:

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:dunce:

I'm fine wearing the cap. I'd rather be irrationally wary of goalie performance in SSS than wrong about another goalie being something they're not. I probably won't be convinced that Mrazek is anything special until he has a half a season of above average play. Until then, I'll squat in my corner and make noises :dunce::propeller:pout::pullhair:

Heres a still of him "not getting tested."

;)

20180227_184311.jpg

Reactions: backburner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad