Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Petr Mrazek for a conditional 2018 4th and conditional 2019 3rd

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I think this save is the epitome of Mrazek. Slides way too far and has to make a miraculous save to compensate.
Been the way since he started with the Wings. Hes actually incredibly athletic and stops much better than Howard with better rebound control and the miraculous saves everywhere.

But his overall numbers are worse because hes aggressive af and always overcommits. He goes through periods of settling down where he is better but his consistency is all over the place.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Been the way since he started with the Wings. Hes actually incredibly athletic and stops much better than Howard with better rebound control and the miraculous saves everywhere.

But his overall numbers are worse because hes aggressive af and always overcommits. He goes through periods of settling down where he is better but his consistency is all over the place.
Shades of Robert Esche....

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Today pretty much guaranteed we will be giving up at least a 3rd rounder.

88.78 SV% in 11 games. Probably not how they drew it up.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Seen enough. Glad to have him as a 'plugin'. Otherwise he's mehhh. Easily replaceable. Extremely glad he was not signed over Elliot.

Hope he proves me wrong. Doubt it.

I wish you good luck....but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
I don't think I've not liked a player this much in a long time. I don't want him playing anymore. He's craptastic. He thinks he has the athletic ability of Dominic Hasek. One of the best acrobatic goalies ever. I sincerely believe he thinks he does. But he doesn't. He's..... just..... so.......f**** bad. I can't take it anymore.

I don't give a shit if he can steal a game if it ends up costing us two.

Anyone who thought he would be a better pickup in the offseason than Elliot..... or a bag of pucks..... or....

I give up.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
So do we ADD a 3rd rounder, or the 4th rounder BECOMES a 3rd rounder?
Here is what it says on Capfriendly:

*Conditions: If Flyers make playoffs and Mrazek wins 5 regular season games, the 2018 4th becomes a 3rd round pick. If Philadelphia advances to Conference Finals, and Mrazek wins six playoff games, the 2018 3rd becomes a 2nd round pick.
**If Flyers re-sign Mrazek, Detroit receives Flyers 2019 3rd. If they do not re-sign him, no pick is exchanged.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'm not entirely giving up on Mrazek. I saw enough in the first few games to give me hope. His problem is that we're not giving up many shots, but the ones we are are golden and we're not defending against tips or rebounds. He'll give up a softie every game, but so does Elliott.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I'm not entirely giving up on Mrazek. I saw enough in the first few games to give me hope. His problem is that we're not giving up many shots, but the ones we are are golden and we're not defending against tips or rebounds. He'll give up a softie every game, but so does Elliott.
This is pretty wishful thinking. He has the ability but struggles in other areas to lessen my hope. Can a really good goalie coach turn this kid around?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
His first 3 starts were good as was his start against Winnipeg

Consistency is his biggest issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad