Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Man this team. You think they’ve turned a corner, play some good hockey again, get you back to actually caring around them again, then boom. Back to same old shit as last year. Soon as they face the adversity of a few losses they can’t handle it and now they can’t do anything right. Right now there’s pretty much nothing indicating they’ll turn it around either. Same s**t different pile.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Free fall?

-1 out of 5 John McLean HANS shite ass shit
1707449911146.gif

Ouch my ankle!
1707450417475.jpeg

At least the Central sucks ass now!

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Frustrating to watch. Jets have a lot of bounces going against them right now and can't finish. Philly scored two ridiculous pinball goals to go up 3-0 and held the fort beyond that. 4th goal should never happen. 1st goal should never happen. 1 and 4 are easy to correct, 2 and 3 won't happen often enough to even worry about.
That’s how it goes … it called a slump over the season it’s going to happen to every team. Just ask last years Bruins. Their slump or bounces going against them happened in the playoffs.
It’s the Jets PP that worries me … it’s truly pathetic but after reading the post about Lauer’s stats I understand.

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm hoping this is just a goal drought based on whatever - and it's sucking the energy out of the team -
I know it's killing my enthusiasm early in the game knowing how hard it is for us to get much going while chasing.

But, we showed some effort in the last 2 frames - I'll take that away.
Hope to see Ehlers up on the 1st with 55/81 next game - load it up and score a few goals hopefully - that might be all they need to get it back on track.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm hoping this is just a goal drought based on whatever - and it's sucking the energy out of the team -
I know it's killing my enthusiasm early in the game knowing how hard it is for us to get much going while chasing.

But, we showed some effort in the last 2 frames - I'll take that away.
Hope to see Ehlers up on the 1st with 55/81 next game - load it up and score a few goals hopefully - that might be all they need to get it back on track.
That first period certainly killed my enthusiasm, to the point where I turned it off. And I've never done that before. Brossoit was not very good as were several others....Samberg with an ill-advised pinch, Vilardi not backchecking hard enough and Brossoit. Why is it that the Jets most often don't seem prepared to start a game? And based on the first period, Connor offers nothing. I don't know whether the lines were mixed for the duration of the game but is it written in stone that 55 and 81 have to play together? That's a five game losing streak. I hope that they can turn it around but I see shades of last season. Yikes! End of rant.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Nope, you don’t pull LB. That’s his job. It was Helles night off barring injury.
Correct, this wasn’t on LB, it was a comedy of errors attributable to insufficient backchecking effort, dominoing into a multi-car mva. Too much chaos in our own net-front due to just not going after the Flyers, crazy fluky pinball action bouncing off everybody and not to criticize Tree too much, (get out from behind the net Tree!) and don’t rely on your 15-foot poke-check to stop a man.
Refs were rough but the team needs to keep there sticks on the ice and Bones needs to get PK and PP into “drop the fuel pods” mode.
Jets should get angry and amped for the next two games at least.

FIRE MAUR! That turd.
Something not right, “Lauer”?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
This is the team we have there is no saviour coming as the ticket would be way to high. These guys are going to have to figure it out themselves and the coaches can steer them in the right direction by having KFC Nik and Fefe as a line and Monahan Vilardi and Nino as another. Perfetti with Baron and Vladdy, Lowry Apples and Iaffalo.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Look at this graph starting to follow last season's flatlining around the same time

Having nam PTSD flashbacks thinking about last season and how similar it looks in terms of the losses piling up at the same point. :laugh:

The team is playing better at 5v5 but the overall results are starting to become eerily the same.

Atleast a couple of positives to take out of this game is that the PP atleast generated some chances and didn't look totally impotent and the PK was good (though the Philly PP is nothing to write home about but they sucked the other day another bad PP so I'll take that as a positive).

Coaches need to take some responsibility. Go back to lines that worked before (27-55-13). I know the Jets have some type of obsession with trying out the 81-55-13 unit but this is not the time for experiments, go back to what worked and gets some Ws on the board and experiment later.

Some of the bounces going against the Jets are getting kinda ridiculous but the process is also showing signs of deteriorating. Really not liking Pionk's game as of late.

4th line solid again. Vlad deserves a bigger role.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PDO gods are absolutely FURIOUS at the Jets. Bones tempted the hockey gods by breaking up a dominant line... similar to how the hockey gods punished us when a couple of seasons ago Maurice broke up the Connor-Dubois-Svenchnikov 2nd line that was dominating and we were winning after some guys got healthy.

Repent Bones before it is too late!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
For god sakes put kfc-Chef-Fly for a whole game. This balance line up shit isn’t cutting it right now. Get the top scorers outta their funk, then get the rest on board.
My opinion…. Any line that KFC is on, he’s a liability. He scores goals obviously, but he can’t win a puck battle, gives up the puck and basically plays die on his stick. He’s not a good linemate.

If we want to score we need a line of 55, 27 and somebody that isn’t 81.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
My opinion…. Any line that KFC is on, he’s a liability. He scores goals obviously, but he can’t win a puck battle, gives up the puck and basically plays die on his stick. He’s not a good linemate.

I’d like to see Connor w Monahan

13-55-27

81-23-91

62-17-x (9 > 22)

(4th can be names with two other names clones)

Reactions: Jets 31

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

He is a liability on any line,he needs to score. That’s the only thing he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad