Post-Game Talk: Floors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Just very busy. The next few days, lol.

Plus I want to save some ideas for the playoffs. Going to actually pay a subscription for a meme service to get nicer gifs and cooler memes going.

I’d rather have someone else do the GDT than half ass the last two games. lol
Meeeeeeemeeeees

• Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't think we're terribly far off.

Give Kreider and Zibanejad some skill on RW and replace Trouba with an NHL player and this is one of the better teams in the league.
This is what’s so frustrating. And we have what maybe one more year of this left? We need a good defenseman. We only have Fox. Contenders have at least 2 if not 3.

Slavin/Burns/Pesce…even Skjei would be our second best defenseman.
Ekblad/Ekman-Larsson/Forsling
Pietrangelo/Theodore/Hanifin

Last edited:

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yeah I like Jones a lot. The only thing with Jones is that him replacing Gus is a bit lateral. Him replacing one of the wonder twins would make us a much better team.
That is the conundrum, we know Gustafsson would be the odd man out instead of one of the other bozos. Seems like we are always in this predicament where a player who should be playing is sitting while the team goes down with the ship.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
So don't.

People say I'm less angry.

In reality, I just don't care about most things anymore.

They're gonna play how they're gonna play. That's like a third of it and the rest is luck.

Welcome to Team Indifference...we have ice cream!

....and whiskey and craft beer.

Good to see they're on a great stretch of form going into the playoffs!
Hey look at this this way. Last year the Panthers lost their last two games, backed into the playoffs as the 2nd wild card needing the Pens to lose their last two games and then promptly beat one of the best regular season teams of all time on their way to the SC finals. Play at end of season and reg season results against playoff opponents are both things that mean very little.

Still, they are gonna f*** this up again, aren't they? Lose out on first place and then lose in the first round? Feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy and a football.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
I'm pissed. I have defended them all season because the NHL season is a grind and they have performed well but what has happened the last 2 games is inexcusable. Losing games in December and January is no big deal but losing games like this with 4 games to go against inferior teams with something important to play for is infuriating. That 1st period on Long Island was one of the worst of the year. Philly was a train wreck the last few weeks, getting dominated by bottom feeders, and you saw what happened. They are in real danger of losing the division, 1st seed in conference, and the PT because they think the season is already over. I would have no problem with them losing if they showed some effort. This team just can't enjoy prosperity. A great regular season was right there for them and now they are likely to blow it in the last week.
How I feel

Reactions: Captain Lindy

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I was at MSG when Keenan got mad at Kovalev for overstaying his shifts.

His reaction was to not let Kovalev leave the ice for about 5 minutes. Every time Kovalev came to the bench, Keenan waved him back onto the ice.
Kovalev: "COOL Coach reward me for hard effort hockey!"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller is just Dan Girardi if Girardi could skate.

He has all of the annoying habits.

Opponent comes down 3v3, Miller is probably fine, and he swan dives across the ice to block a nothing pass, creating an odd-man rush.

Or he'll have a guy covered in front, and if you try to pass to that guy, he'll reach out and knock it into his own net for no reason.

He has that "trying to do way too much and always attacking the puck" bug really bad.

Just cover your man and leave the puck alone until we have it, or you have a clear shot at possessing it.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

Opponent comes down 3v3, Miller is probably fine, and he swan dives across the ice to block a nothing pass, creating an odd-man rush.

Or he'll have a guy covered in front, and if you try to pass to that guy, he'll reach out and knock it into his own net for no reason.

He has that "trying to do way too much and always attacking the puck" bug really bad.

Just cover your man and leave the puck alone until we have it, or you have a clear shot at possessing it.
Miller's reach is impressive - when he uses it right it's a plus. And he is excellent at skating the puck up ice.

But yeah he is not great at either reading the play or doing the right thing on defense.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I don't. We have Trouba's replacement already in the lineup. This is exactly what good teams do. They move out the 8 million dollar guy and replace him from within with a guy that's dying for more playing time and use the savings elsewhere. Move Schneider up into the top 4. A RD of Fox, Schneider and a harmless vet for a couple million is more than fine. Trouba is not only not helping the cause, he's a detriment.

Reactions: CLW

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't. We have Trouba's replacement already in the lineup. This is exactly what good teams do. They move out the 8 million dollar guy and replace him from within with a guy that's dying for more playing time and use the savings elsewhere. Move Schneider up into the top 4. A RD of Fox, Schneider and a harmless vet for a couple million is more than fine. Trouba is not only not helping the cause, he's a detriment.
Even if we promote Schneider, which I'm on board with, our top 4 still isn't good enough.

The only guy I trust logging minutes is Fox.

You mention using the savings elsewhere - defense is where we need to use the savings.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanielBrassard

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As far as the RW hole, just go get Anthony Duclair in free agency. We should have gotten him at the deadline. He has the hands of an angel and he's an absolute machine at 5v5 offense. That's what that line needs.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Even if we promote Schneider, which I'm on board with, our top 4 still isn't good enough.

The only guy I trust logging minutes is Fox.
I was only speaking RD. The LD situation is much more complicated. Nothing fixes anything on this team if Miller plays like he did last night. There are only 2 things you can do. First is to move Trouba like I suggested and pray that Miller becomes more consistent with a new partner. The second is to trade both Trouba and Miller. I've been watching this team a long time. I don't recall seeing anyone with such a gap between his best and his worse as I've been watching with Miller. We obviously had some horrible players. But they're horrible because they just don't have the talent or the skills. But this Miller has shown some fantastic stuff on occasion. It's so frustrating to watch disastrous games that he has given us on more then a few times this season.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was only speaking RD. The LD situation is much more complicated. Nothing fixes anything on this team if Miller plays like he did last night. There are only 2 things you can do. First is to move Trouba like I suggested and pray that Miller becomes more consistent with a new partner. The second is to trade both Trouba and Miller. I've been watching this team a long time. I don't recall seeing anyone with such a gap between his best and his worse as I've been watching with Miller. We obviously had some horrible players. But they're horrible because they just don't have the talent or the skills. But this Miller has shown some fantastic stuff on occasion. It's so frustrating to watch disastrous games that he has given us on more then a few times this season.
Miller could work with the right partner.

He plays the left side and I heard a rumor that we have the best defensman on planet Earth playing the right side.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Miller could work with the right partner.

He plays the left side and I heard a rumor that we have the best defensman on planet Earth playing the right side.
This is why we have to get rid of Trouba. Fixing Miller is the ultimate goal. It will be easier and we would have more options to try things if Trouba was gone. More money to spend, different pairings to try, etc, etc. We are stuck in concrete with Trouba. And it doesn't have to be that way. We have Trouba's replacement.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
As far as the RW hole, just go get Anthony Duclair in free agency. We should have gotten him at the deadline. He has the hands of an angel and he's an absolute machine at 5v5 offense. That's what that line needs.
I ask myself often if we really had to let him go when we did the first time around.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I don't know if the numbers agree, but I like Miller at 4 on 4.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad