Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He's not the same DJ he was once.

This is as negative as I've seen you
I'm pissed. I have defended them all season because the NHL season is a grind and they have performed well but what has happened the last 2 games is inexcusable. Losing games in December and January is no big deal but losing games like this with 4 games to go against inferior teams with something important to play for is infuriating. That 1st period on Long Island was one of the worst of the year. Philly was a train wreck the last few weeks, getting dominated by bottom feeders, and you saw what happened. They are in real danger of losing the division, 1st seed in conference, and the PT because they think the season is already over. I would have no problem with them losing if they showed some effort. This team just can't enjoy prosperity. A great regular season was right there for them and now they are likely to blow it in the last week.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's both tbh. They obviously don't care enough to match the intensity of desperate teams but this team also has players on it that aren't that good and are playing significant minutes. A first round exit is a real possibility. Then blow it up.

Total 180 from your posts all season. I rely on you to keep me off the ledge, lol.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just a heads up won’t be doing the next two GDT’s saving it for the playoffs.

So whoever wants a crack at game #81 and #82 go for it. A mod will pin it and make it live for you.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I'm really hoping the guys on this team are simply holding back a little before playoffs just so they don't get hurt. If you ask me, the Isles and Flyers were playing playoff intensity hockey and we weren't matching it in the slightest. So I'm wondering if we're just waiting.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm really hoping the guys on this team are simply holding back a little before playoffs just so they don't get hurt. If you ask me, the Isles and Flyers were playing playoff intensity hockey and we weren't matching it in the slightest. So I'm wondering if we're just waiting.
I thought they were fine until the Flyers scored the 4th goal and then we turned the Playstation off.

Is that the worst thing in the world? Not really. We narrowly avoided very damaging injuries against the Islanders.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think we all were saying that last season too. Then they came out balls out against Jersey in games 1 and 2, and we thought maybe we were on to something.

But that was just a tease because after game 2 they quit

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everything ok? You just busy?

Just very busy. The next few days, lol.

Plus I want to save some ideas for the playoffs. Going to actually pay a subscription for a meme service to get nicer gifs and cooler memes going.

I’d rather have someone else do the GDT than half ass the last two games. lol

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think it's both tbh. They obviously don't care enough to match the intensity of desperate teams but this team also has players on it that aren't that good and are playing significant minutes. A first round exit is a real possibility. Then blow it up.
For them to use the "We're against desperate teams" excuse is lame. What happens when you're about to eliminate a team from the playoffs and they're even MORE desperate? Same old shit with this bunch. Ugh.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Just very busy. The next few days, lol.

Plus I want to save some ideas for the playoffs. Going to actually pay a subscription for a meme service to get nicer gifs and cooler memes going.

I’d rather have someone else do the GDT than half ass the last two games. lol
That's fair. Hang in there. :)

Reactions: Leonardo87

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The only way we make any noise in the playoffs is if Fox, Panarin, and Shesty all go super saiyan 3 and carry us. There’s absolutely no chance Zibanejad and Kreider suddenly become effective 5v5. Kreider might get hot in the Powerplay but that’s it.

They will get absolutely owned by the top lines of other teams.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure if this was said but was saying to my cousin the other day , that after the Mika and Trocheck incident I think they are playing very cautious and trying to avoid injury right before the playoffs.

I don’t expect much the last two games but we will see, maybe they will say F it and take the risks again.

I would prefer they finish the regular season strong and carry momentum into the playoffs.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t know I’m looking at the shot chart for this game and it doesn’t look bad at all. Keep in mind Quick’s play has gone downhill.

1712940813808.png

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
I don’t know I’m looking at the shot chart for this game and it doesn’t look bad at all. Keep in mind Quick’s play has gone downhill.

View attachment 850442

yeah this game should've probably been 1-1 after 2, 2-1 at worst. the konecny goal was especially bad. quick was in good position and just flailed out of the crease. then Laf hit a post early in the 3rd. the panic in here is ridiculous.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
My qualms with the defense corps are pretty much get this idiot and his giant son off my television.

As far as the forward corps, I keep coming back to this, and @DanielBrassard will be the only one to listen to me maybe, but there isn't enough skill. We talk abut 10-16-13 being the only line to generate. They generate because they beat people. You go past defenders, you draw movement, and prime areas open up. Panarin beats pretty much every guy who comes near him in open ice. It's Panarin. Lafreniere can do it. It's the number one thing he's improved on. That cut to the middle last night broke every ankle on the ice and I'm mad he hit the post. Trocheck can do it. He plays a grinding style but the f***ing guy's talented. He had that great shift in the second last night, and he was battling his ass off, but he was also using his hands to put the guy hassling him in a bad position.

The other lines have none of this. For "top guys" Kreider and and Zibanejad were never that skilled with the puck. Kreider gets by on athleticism and positioning. Zibanejad has a good shot but handles the puck like his stick is made of paper. That line needs some mitts on RW to succeed. Somebody who can do a f***ing entry and draw a switch. That's why Buchnevich worked. Bargain bin Roslovic, who can do some things at speed but ultimately always gets bad results, wasn't it. The third line has no puck talent. Cuylle is a nice player and his shot is good but beating defenders just isn't in his profile. Kakko does some things well but he just never developed the offense to take on defenders at this level. Wennberg is just grown-up Kakko. Does a lot of things well, can't score. Handles the puck like a grenade. The 4th line is the 4th line.

This team isn't quite good enough with the puck. It hinders their scoring and when they get frustrated or just aren't 100% up to it that night, it hinders their puck management.

Yes, I completely agree with this entire post. I know this post is about forwards, but that’s why Jones makes a big difference too when he’s in the lineup, he has the ability to create some room with his stick handling and skating. It opens up a lot of different options. But we’ve been saying it for how long that this forward corps just isn’t that skilled compared to the other top teams in the league.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
yeah this game should've probably been 1-1 after 2, 2-1 at worst. the konecny goal was especially bad. quick was in good position and just flailed out of the crease. then Laf hit a post early in the 3rd. the panic in here is ridiculous.
I know “the game isn’t played on paper” but the goaltending in a game can completely skew perception.

I mean I still think we’re f***ed, I’m just saying.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I really don't know how that headset situation wasn't a penalty for delay of game. It's not like it fell from the ceiling or a fan threw it on the ice. The player in the penalty box came out after his penalty and caused the game to be stopped because of what he did. That should be delay of game, especially because we were threatening and had the puck in their zone.
That pissed me off!

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes, I completely agree with this entire post. I know this post is about forwards, but that’s why Jones makes a big difference too when he’s in the lineup, he has the ability to create some room with his stick handling and skating. It opens up a lot of different options. But we’ve been saying it for how long that this forward corps just isn’t that skilled compared to the other top teams in the league.
Yeah I like Jones a lot. The only thing with Jones is that him replacing Gus is a bit lateral. Him replacing one of the wonder twins would make us a much better team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

View attachment 850442
It wasn't that bad. Some of the same problems were there as people have pointed out, but we were the better team for 45 minutes. The 4th Flyers goal just flat-tired the whole building and again, that's probably fair.

Reactions: NCRanger

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think we're terribly far off.

Give Kreider and Zibanejad some skill on RW and replace Trouba with an NHL player and this is one of the better teams in the league.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad