GDT: Flames vs. Preds - 6PM MST - TV: SNW Radio: Sportsnet960

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
In the pre-game warm up a guy on Nashville said Calgary is one of the more physical teams in the league..

I think it’s a myth that this team is soft. Soft relative to how the game was 5 years ago. Yes. Soft relative to the rest of the league currently. No

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
In the pre-game warm up a guy on Nashville said Calgary is one of the more physical teams in the league..

I think it’s a myth that this team is soft. Soft relative to how the game was 5 years ago. Yes. Soft relative to the rest of the league currently. No

According to HF Boston we took at least 1000 liberties with every player on their team

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Flames carrying the play and getting the better of the chances so far

Time for a preds goal probably :/

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There literally isn't a rule in the rulebook which would indicate a penalty should be called on that play.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
ntkauqtjwr001.gif

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Is it cool to rag on Dougie for his dumb penalty? If that was Bennett, a bunch of posters would have already thrown him under the bus and blamed him for the goal against.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Technically any stick swinging at another player is a slash.

ಠ_ಠ
Yes, but the rules distinguish between the player himself and their stick in this regard.

Upon further review, they do call for a penalty for a forceful chop on the stick, but it never ever gets called in those situations.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I did think it was a silly decision for Dougie there considering there were several other ways he could've taken the puck there.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
You mean the slash that isn't called 99 times out of 100?

I mean, sure if that floats your boat.
Was more or less going for sarcasm there.
Agreed the call doesn’t happen often, but it still gets called occasionally. I seem to remember Bennett getting called before on it a while back.

I’m mostly just tired of Bennett bashing on the board. Does he take dumb penalties, sure. But so do other players. He just seems to get the brunt of the hate, even when he’s playing well (or showing signs of it).

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad