GDT: Flames vs. Preds - 6PM MST - TV: SNW Radio: Sportsnet960

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Huge win against a top team to end a solid road trip overall. Take that record any day. Impressed with Rittich. Big 2 points.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Girlfriend better not be thinking about going to sleep anytime soon because David Rittich has got me in the MOOD

The guy is pure sex
david-rittich-2018-43.jpg

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hey we won. Roadtrip was a gauntlet, and 4-2 is great.

This team can hang with the big boys in the league. If only they could get up against teams like the Oilers, etc

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Holy crap, we scored on the PP twice?? Did we just get lucky, or did Diamond Dave change something?

Reactions: Janks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Holy crap, we scored on the PP twice?? Did we just get lucky, or did Diamond Dave change something?

On the first one, we actually got a point shot through and had the bounce go our way, instead of finding the one spot on the ice where we don't outnumber them. On the second one, we had a full 2-minute 5-on-3 and finally got a shot past Rinne after nearly 2 minutes of pressure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man, it's just great after the Boston game to get that reassurance that, yeah, if we play the way we can, we can beat the top teams. It's also such a relief to pull the win out in the midst of this stretch of games against stiff competition. We need to beat Florida on Saturday, and then it'll put less pressure on the team to beat Boston on Monday, who are definitely a tough out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That was an excellent win against a major team.
I really think this Flames team can hang with everyone. My only concern is continuous secondary scoring.

The third line looks like it woke up; I've like Hathaway's play on the line. Fourth line is the best it's been since Mangi.

Reactions: Cyrano

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The Flames have lost and been outplayed maybe 5 times in the last 30 games

This is a very good team even with their tendency to self-destruct

A little more focus and a little more effort and this team will go very deep in the playoffs if they make it

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I don't know if anyone has noticed. But Tkachuk and, to a lesser extent, Gaudreau are getting time with the 3rd line pairing of Bennett-Janko and it's getting us results on the scoreboard. We need a 3rd line upgrade in the worst way.

I'd be willing to ship Gillies+Kylington to OTT for Pageau. The guy is a great 200ft player, can setup a play and rip a shot when need be, he's a complete player for a middle six guy. He'd be perfect for the 3rd line with his RHS, and would help our 2nd pp unit.

All that said, that was an impressive game by everyone. Rittich is a beast so far in limited showing, I'm hoping we found a gem with him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really think Armia would be a slick add. He’s honeslty like a younger Silfverberg, with increased minutes he could elevate to another level.

Reactions: Cyrano

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That was an excellent win against a major team.
I really think this Flames team can hang with everyone. My only concern is continuous secondary scoring.

The third line looks like it woke up; I've like Hathaway's play on the line. Fourth line is the best it's been since Mangi.

Maybe I'm crazy, but Lazar has looked significantly better in the past half dozen to dozen or so games, pretty much since he's been getting more consistent icetime.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I just want them to keep Stajan out of the lineup. Time to move on from him. Lomberg is infinitely better and plays like he wants to be there.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Maybe I'm crazy, but Lazar has looked significantly better in the past half dozen to dozen or so games, pretty much since he's been getting more consistent icetime.

I really do think Curtis Lazar still has a good 10-13 years of being a bottom 6 leader in him. He just needs a chance. He skates, hits, he's an honest player and he has a really good nose for the net actually. f***, if we make the playoffs by a couple points, a second round pick isn't a bad price to pay :laugh:

I really like when guys like him or Lomberg are on the 4th line. These guys want to be in every night and aren't just picking up a paycheck. I know Brouwer's hurt... but who comes out if he's healthy. Hathaway's been a beast and Lazar's been excellent. Guys like Brouwer are a huge problem for this team, and have been for the better part of a decade... bottom 6 forwards being paid well... who have no competition because they'll play every night.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

In an ideal world Lazar would be the fit with Janko and Bennett on that third line. Just hasn’t really shown that he can contribute consistently. Neither have Bennett and Janko though

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
In an ideal world Lazar would be the fit with Janko and Bennett on that third line. Just hasn’t really shown that he can contribute consistently. Neither have Bennett and Janko though

Sure. He's played well as a 4th liner, I'm not sure his offense is going to ever get there as a 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad