GDT: Flames vs. le Club de hockey Canadien, October 23, 5:30 PM MT, SNET-Flames

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Without any irony at all, I was expecting them to send Neal to the box for either diving or holding the stick there.
I definitely thought it was gonna be a holding the stick penalty. No idea why they blew it down when we had the puck

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tkachuk at the point are you kidding.

That's the guy you want parked in front of Price and he's out there shielding the puck at the blue line. What a waste

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Just inept. Make two or three passes, take a shot and drive the net. Instead it's like they're trying to solve some kind of complex puzzle.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
What an abysmal game by the whole team but especially Hanifin, Monahan, and Tkachuk

Reactions: Dack

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not ready to play......just like good old time with Gulutzan so it's not all on the coach...we definitely have some losers on the team

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Stayed home to watch this game rather than see Halloween.

What a mistake I made.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
We played horrible and all, but our PP lost us the game. Each of the 5 powerplays we had either gave us the opportunity to take a 2 goal lead or get back in the game and we looked like ass on all 5, just wasting 10 minutes of game time.

Geoff Ward, the f*** are you doing during practises? Change this shit up.

Reactions: Ravi Nandkumar

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The 2nd pair needs to be changed they have 0 chemistry and I like Gio-Andersson.

Let's try this for a while

Gio-Andersson
Hanafin-Brodie
Valimaki-Stone

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What an abysmal game by the whole team but especially Hanifin, Monahan, and Tkachuk
Tkachuk got tripped, hooked and interfered with all night long. The amount of abuse in this game was ridiculous. The Habs figured out that the refs weren't going to call anything for him early on and exploited that at every opportunity.

I don't know that blaming individual players is really fair in a game where the whole team doesn't show up. If the team is not supporting each other and are a step behind at every position, individuals are going to look bad, because they're constantly dealing with difficult situations where they're set up for failure. Think of a winger taking an end-around in his defensive end on the boards. If the centre beats his man up the middle and gives an option at the right time, it's an easy play. If the other winger is cutting across up the neutral zone and giving a chip-out option, even better. If the defenceman on the weak side busts his ass to give a cross-ice pass option, then the ability to make a good play is even easier. If none of these guys beat their check, the winger has the puck come to him, can't turn, can't pass it off, and will more likely than not turn the puck over. And get blamed by the fans, who see a guy getting the puck and giving it away.

Upshot is, when the whole team is getting skated circles around, yes, individuals are making mistakes, but it's not really indicative of anything important. Peters needs to get the team playing better hockey, and then hopefully we can get back to just Brodie making bad plays. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Janks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At least Monahan got his fake game winner
You did see the bounce on that, right? He made the right play passing a bank pass up to the open winger to break out, the puck took a strange bounce off the dasher board and went further to the middle than it should have based on his initial angle to the spot. Most likely it hit a weak, less-supported spot in the dasher. I'm not sure why you're so focused on that play in such a team effort.

I laughed early in the third when the puck wrapped around to that same point in the offensive zone to Monahan again and took another weird bobble off the exact same spot on the dasher, which he handled.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
You did see the bounce on that, right? He made the right play passing a bank pass up to the open winger to break out, the puck took a strange bounce off the dasher board and went further to the middle than it should have based on his initial angle to the spot. Most likely it hit a weak, less-supported spot in the dasher. I'm not sure why you're so focused on that play in such a team effort.

I laughed early in the third when the puck wrapped around to that same point in the offensive zone to Monahan again and took another weird bobble off the exact same spot on the dasher, which he handled.

I was just making a fake GWG joke =(

Yeah, the team was awful with a handful of exceptions (Jankowski and Backlund were our only decent centers, Tkachuk and Bennett our only decent other forwards, Brodie and Andersson our only decent Dmen.)

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
To me, this team has a severe case of not taking their opponents seriously if they're "supposed to be bad." We saw it with Vancouver, NY, and now Montreal. At least they raise their game with other teams but this trend is concerning. Rittich didn't deserve this

It's been like this for a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad