GDT: Flames vs Canes 2 PM ????

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
7590BA49-6CF2-461D-BACC-32A280CFC576.png

Can anyone confirm the "someone tried to throw a Lindholm jersey on the ice" narrative that's suddenly popped up?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Was at the game, I heard no booing for Elias, even after he scored. I heard no booing during the short jumbotron tribute, only fans cheering. Not every single fan cheered, but 95% of the ones near me stood and cheered. The narrative that we booed him frequently is not true. Maybe we booed him after he scored, but I literally didn't hear it.

And I don't agree that Calgary could have scored 10. I thought it was a pretty even game from my perspective. Both teams had pretty good scoring chances, both goalies made some great saves. Mrazek had a typical game where he saved a few dandies but let in at least one he could have gotten. It was hard to tell how much traffic was impeding his view on two of the goals against. And on one of them he had absolutely 0% chance of getting. I don't blame Mrazek, he was overall solid. But I don't agree with the notion that we were outplayed all game long. I didn't see it.

That said our special teams didn't do us any favors, and Calgary's PP looked a hell of a lot better than ours. That was the main difference maker. Also I did think the refs were trash but I don't want to use that as an excuse. I did bring a neutral fan who watches every Minnesota game say that the refs were awful against us, but sometimes that happens. I do love how all the players and coach didn't use that as an excuse at all in the post game. Speaks to their character.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Lazy analysis. The "never cared" stuff is just a convenient way to excuse management for never being able to build around the good players we had.

So he was supposed to be top 20 in scoring like he is this year while being surrounded by garbage? Did he ever get to play with any players with offensive talent for a prolonged period? No? Okay then.

Equally lazy on your part. Yes, it's true that Lindholm came into an atmosphere here in which he didn't have to produce to play. He learned very early that being good enough was good enough for this franchise. That's on us. When he got to Calgary, it became clear to him that "good enough" wasn't acceptable, so he adjusted accordingly. Good for them. I hope one day we have that culture here.

But Lindholm played over 20 minutes a night here and was on the No. 1 pp with Aho, TT, and all the rest of our best players, and he was the single least productive player in the NHL on the power play last season. He played with Skinner a lot and they both under-performed. And we kept running them out there because we accepted it as good enough.

That's the culture that needs to change around here. And I think we're headed in the right direction, but the Faulk situation hurts our momentum. Foegele, too, but to a lesser extent.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Leaving this here:

Nothing is certain, but how sweet (and yes childishly spiteful) would it be to bring this back up for this d-bag right after Fox signs his ELC.

I have very little doubt Fox will never sign with us, but what is fandom if not ignoring what's right in front of you, only to get angry when it ends up going the way it was obviously going from Day 1.

Reactions: Identity404

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Fox will sign at the end of the NCAA and accelerate his ELC a year or he won't and either 1) be traded for a half-decent return to a team that will immediately sign him to play next year (without an accelerated ELC) or 2) be traded for a mid round pick at some point next year and play in 2020-21 with some team.

At least our answer will come sooner rather than later. Canes have no benefit to offer him if he doesn't want to play next year. If he doesn't sign before the off-season he is a goner.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Fox will sign at the end of the NCAA and accelerate his ELC a year or he won't and either 1) be traded for a half-decent return to a team that will immediately sign him to play next year (without an accelerated ELC) or 2) be traded for a mid round pick at some point next year and play in 2020-21 with some team.

At least our answer will come sooner rather than later. Canes have no benefit to offer him if he doesn't want to play next year. If he doesn't sign before the off-season he is a goner.

If he would timely signal that he won't sign with the Canes, and consequently got timely traded, the receiving team could sign him and play him this spring (or next) to accelerate his ELC. If traded to a playoff team, there's probably plenty of time for them to play him the needed one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad