GDT: Flames vs Canes 2 PM ????

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

I think this take from a Canes Country contributor is spot on. Especially since Lindholm was booed multiple times before this even happened.

So people were actually booing him and not just the refs?

What exactly did he do to deserve being booed? Nothing, in my opinion.

I have no problem with what he did. That’s a pretty polite way to answer back to stupid fans who are after you all game.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So people were actually booing him and not just the refs?

I have no problem with what he did. That’s a pretty polite way to answer back to stupid fans who are after you all game.
They booed him every time his name was announced.

So apparently some of our fans can dish it out but can't take some ribbing back.

In a way, I can kind of understand it. The front office sold Lindholm and Hanifin as being overrated and wanting to be overpaid, then those two go on to have career years while finally being in a franchise with some talent and structure, all while it takes Hamilton forever to get going and Ferland looking like a 1 year acquisition. It's sort of a defense mechanism.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

He cashed checks for five years without any hint that he gave a damn. Then he gets traded and all of a sudden, he's the player we thought we drafted. I boo'd him plenty when he was here. Maybe part of it is depth of teammates, but Lindy had every chance in the world to be a difference-maker here. He just never seemed to care.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He cashed checks for five years without any hint that he gave a damn. Then he gets traded and all of a sudden, he's the player we thought we drafted. I boo'd him plenty when he was here. Maybe part of it is depth of teammates, but Lindy had every chance in the world to be a difference-maker here. He just never seemed to care.
Lazy analysis. The "never cared" stuff is just a convenient way to excuse management for never being able to build around the good players we had.

So he was supposed to be top 20 in scoring like he is this year while being surrounded by garbage? Did he ever get to play with any players with offensive talent for a prolonged period? No? Okay then.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
here are some things that are all true simultaneously in my opinion:

1. lindholm is a good player. he's playing better and more assertive in calgary than he ever did here. he's more consistently involved in the outcome. if he played like that more here, the results would have been similar.

2. the fans here were always exceptional to lindholm and it's hard to recall a single instance of the fans cannibalizing him or giving him anything less than full support. to then go on to mock the fans that cheered you for so many years for a decision they had nothing to do with is pretty low hanging fruit.

3. when you have a defined celebration like this, you open yourself up to this kind of thing happening and it's up to you to decide if it's worth it to take the backlash that comes with it. i'm sure there have been teams we've beaten at home that haven't been too fond of the celebration.

4. when you do something this petty, you look like an insecure ex that's trying so hard to look happy. you're on a great team, you're winning, and you're having individual success. why bother?

I think your one of the best posters on here and I really enjoy reading all your responses, but I disagree with your Lindholm assessment. He won the lottery being placed on a line with Gaudreau and Monahan. He’s very lucky to be in that spot.

If he stays in Carolina and he plays 3rd line with Martinook and McGinn how many points you think he has now? 20?

He’s playing over his head and his act today really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and showed his true colours.

Karma will come back to him for that childish act and to mock the fans that were nothing but good to him here and put up with all his slumps and trash games for 5 years.

Reactions: Identity404

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Lindholm wasn't a difference maker here and wasn't ever going to be. He got rushed into the bigs when he wasn't ready, and had settled into that role of being just okay enough to stick around. He should be thanking the canes for trading him somewhere that would allow him to reinvent himself. Really this all applies to Hanifin too. I'm way more pissed at ryan acting like a cocky punk trying to mouth off to Faulk and stick swat him despite being a) terrible and b) old enough to be his dad.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Everybody continuing to blame the current management for Lindholm are forgetting that previous management didn’t do shit better with management. So f*** them.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Lindholm has 22 powerplay point so far (and 60 total). Season by season as our player he has 7, 15, 16, 11, 11 and 9.
As of now, Calgary have top 10 PP. We are tied for #24 in the league. Aho lead Canes in powerplay points with 16. TT have 13, Willy and Ferly - 9.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
And fans are happy to boo the player that played for them for 5 years? I never saw anyone questioning Lindy's effort when he was here, and pretty much giving him a pass for never being put in a position to succeed.

Should he have taken the high road and just skated off the ice? Sure, but they were asking for it.

Doesn't change my stance that someone should lay him the **** out the next time we meet (next year?).

New information changes things. Lindholm has played a lot harder and better under the same coach, in the same system, but in a different city. I did usually give him a pass thinking he was misused, true. But seeing him this year, and seeing this shit this game makes it pretty clear to me that that flatly wasn't the case. He didn't care about playing for this team or this market, resented being stuck here, and he does care about playing in a 'traditional' market. So yeah, I hope the players that do care about this team put him through the fing glass next time we play them.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Lindholm was the 4th or so best forward on the Canes for years and now he's the 4th best forward on a much more talented team.

I wasn't there but I think the taunt is pretty funny. The storm surge is fun and I enjoy it but it is inescapably Mickey Mouse which makes it important to have a thick skin. Start whining about a player making fun of it and it invites endless mocking.

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
He was booed TWICE and only TWICE. Where are these people getting this notion he was booed all game long? He was booed when the canes put on the jumbotron to welcome back the four canes on the flames, and after the announcement of his goal.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Love Lindy and his game...the trade still bums me out.

Lindy and Noah locked up for 5 more years at $9.8 total vs UFA Ferland and Dougie for 2 more years...garbage trade for the Canes.

I will say the FO pulled off a damn miracle with that Rask for Nino trade...then the TT and Martintook extensions...they have not been shitting the bed lately which is nice...maybe all is not lost.

Folks complaining about the post-game clap are the spurned ex, not Lindy....he's eating filet mignon and we're still dumpster diving and scraping cheese of Wendy's wrappers.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I remember those two specific times. During the "tribute" was probably more to do with Peters/Noah/Ryan, I'd say Elias was the most liked of the group. It's all blown out of proportion, but kinda makes me sad Elias seems to think the fans have something against him now.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I remember those two specific times. During the "tribute" was probably more to do with Peters/Noah/Ryan, I'd say Elias was the most liked of the group. It's all blown out of proportion, but kinda makes me sad Elias seems to think the fans have something against him now.

I mean, they do NOW after that stunt at the end of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad