GDT: Flames @ Stars 6:30PM SN-West "Ploff Gmae"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Did anyone notice that Backlund was only good away from the puck last night? I don't think he made one good pass all game. It was a rough night for him for sure.

It was pretty crazy how many of his passes managed to hit a Dallas stick being waved in one hand hopelessly in the air at the blueline. Guy was crazy unlucky all night. Definitely not the norm.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Did anyone notice that Backlund was only good away from the puck last night? I don't think he made one good pass all game. It was a rough night for him for sure.

The most frustrating part of last night's game for me was the Flames' inability to clear their zone for most of the game. So many weak clearing attempts. Lots of F bombs dropped.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The most frustrating part of last night's game for me was the Flames' inability to clear their zone for most of the game. So many weak clearing attempts. Lots of F bombs dropped.

This by a country mile. There was a lot of yelling at my tv last night. The guys really need to bear down the rest of the way.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I love the bitterness that other fans show when we win. I love hearing how it's all luck game after game. Hopefully the boys keep it up, this is the best season as a flame fan in a long time.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I love the bitterness that other fans show when we win. I love hearing how it's all luck game after game. Hopefully the boys keep it up, this is the best season as a flame fan in a long time.

TCdyvHD.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The whole team gave it to the Stars because we won the game. ;)

Seriously. The hit sucked but our team responded where it mattered most.
We didn't respond at all. They owned us in the third. We turtled like Alex ****ing Burrows

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We didn't respond at all. They owned us in the third. We turtled like Alex ****ing Burrows

Yeah, no kidding.

Honestly, the salty comments aren't as funny after games like these, because this type of game is exactly how the league thinks we win every game. This was legitimately a bad game that we shouldn't have won.

Hopefully we can just chalk it up to fatigue and hope for a better effort after the off-day today.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

Meh, with the game as close as it was, what would be the point of engaging him and possibly firing their team up?

If we were up or down by a few, then yeah, have Ferland, Engelland or Bouma go out and rough him up, but the game was too close to let it get us out of our groove. We were barely holding on as is.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, no kidding.

Honestly, the salty comments aren't as funny after games like these, because this type of game is exactly how the league thinks we win every game. This was legitimately a bad game that we shouldn't have won.

Hopefully we can just chalk it up to fatigue and hope for a better effort after the off-day today.

We have out played teams and lost too. A wins a win to me, good teams find ways to win regardless of style. Given it was a back to back after a big game in Nashville I'm more than happy with the win.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

Meh, not every game is gonna be pretty. All that matters is that they find a way to get those points. A win to me will always feel great, regardless of how the game was played. During our 8 game losing streak earlier this season, we played some great games that still resulted in losses 'cause we didn't get any bounces our way. That's how it goes sometimes. The Flames weren't great in this game but good enough to win it. That's all that matters at this time of year, especially in a race this tight.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, no kidding.

Meh, there's no argument this was a game we were lucky to squeak out with (especially in regulation), but at the same time there were games we lost that we should have won. You win some, you lose some. We're overachieving so we're going to have harsh criticism no matter how we play, even if it's undeserved.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yeah, no kidding.

It doesn't matter how we win.

Even if we won 7-1, most outsiders would say that we got lucky. I'm not even kidding, but there are a lot of salty people out there because we are defying the "rebuilding" logic. We were supposed to be in the bottom 5 again.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

And I'm sure Hartley is reminding the team of that every 5 minutes. But the team found a way, like they have been known to do, and that's the most important thing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Meh, with the game as close as it was, what would be the point of engaging him and possibly firing their team up?

If we were up or down by a few, then yeah, have Ferland, Engelland or Bouma go out and rough him up, but the game was too close to let it get us out of our groove. We were barely holding on as is.
it was 4-2 and were in control at that point in time. it was after that they gained all their momentum. we looked like a bunch of ******* scared to go after the ***** and they fed off it

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
it was 4-2 and were in control at that point in time. it was after that they gained all their momentum. we looked like a bunch of ******* scared to go after the ***** and they fed off it
No offense but the other option of giving them a pp isn't any better. We had to focus on winning the game, given that we did it's hard to knock the decision imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad