Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Michael Frolik (5 years, 4.3M AAV)

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
You guys will like him. He was great in Winnipeg as a two way player and an unreal penalty killer with a lot of sh goals, we just couldn't dish out the contract length since our future is so heavily tied in our prospect/young gun pool.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
The biggest thing I like about the Frolik signing is that he is going to be really good value in the 3rd and 4th years.

The point here is that just like we could have peddled Hudler for a nice return with 1 year left at $4 mill, we should be able to trade Frolik in 3 or 4 years when he has 1/2 years left on his deal. If we have him for a a few years when we can afford him, and then as the cap escalates deal him for a low 1st & 3rd rounder toward the end of the deal it can help us now and later.

I'm not worried about the cap at all, not when you consider that Jones, Smid, Raymond, Hiller, Wideman can be off the books in the coming years. Frolik will be the least of our concerns AND retain good value in the coming years.

When regarding the best assets that can be acquired on July 1st, I think Frolik was one of the more astute signings.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You guys would be pleased to know that on the poll board, there is a Kruger v. Frolik poll and I voted for Frolik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad