Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Linden Vey [1 year/ $700k AAV/two-way]

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think if this happens Vey plays in Stockton.

Shinkaruk/UFA - Hamilton - Vey
Klimchuk - Jankowski - Poirier
Mangiapane - Pollock - Pribyl
Carroll - UFA - Smith

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Hopefully it works out well for Vey. I was never really impressed with what I saw from him in Vancouver, but I know he was dealing with some heavy family stuff. On a cheap 1 year deal, it doesn't hurt to see what he's got.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Had a good AHL career before coming to Vancouver. Was completely over his head even in a fourth line role in the nhl though, and when he went back the AHL he couldn't find his game anymore.

Had a lot of family drama going on though. Seemed like a good kid. Maybe a change of scenery will help.. best of luck!

JohnDingman

Vey used to play with shink too in med hat so there is that also. They were good together. Maybe they can rekindle that same magic on Stockton. I don't see him as an NHL player unless he gets a hell of a lot stronger and learns to use his body and not be so soft.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don't get this. Why not just give Shore a new contract instead of not qualifying him? I get its a depth move, but he's not an NHLer.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Don't get this. Why not just give Shore a new contract instead of not qualifying him? I get its a depth move, but he's not an NHLer.

Could be a number of reasons like Shore was more expensive or he didn't want a 2 way contract.

Either way they are both depth guys and emergency callups at this point.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Vey also brings some familiarity with Gulutzan's system, and can help the other prospects in Stockton with the transition and getting up to speed with what's expected of them now.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
He sucks donkey balls but if it's a 2-way deal than I see no significant issue. Well, other than I wish Shore/Jooris was given another chance on a 2-way contract over him.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He sucks donkey balls but if it's a 2-way deal than I see no significant issue. Well, other than I wish Shore/Jooris was given another chance on a 2-way contract over him.

I assume Jooris was offered one, and didn't accept it.

Shore I dunno, probably also hunting for a 1-way deal. He's done nothing but disappoint me at the NHL level though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I'm guessing Jooris wants a regular NHL job/1 way contract. Vey was willing to play on the farm for cheap, has potential upside... sure why not? Though, I don't think he is a Jooris replacement. He's a farm hand with NHL experience/Gully knowledge to fill in on the bottom lines in event of injuries/character guy in Stockton.

I don't mind this signing. Wish him the best.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
you won't hate him as much as we hated him in vancouver. your coach won't force him down your throats like willie did.

that is all.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Off topic: To confirm a 2 way deal affects only how much they make while on the farm team vs on the Big Club, right? Waiver requirements have nothing to do with 1/2 way deals?

ie: 1 way at 700k, makes 700k whether minors or NHL
2 way 700k/Xk, makes 700k NHL, Xk in minors

?

Does a 2 way also generally effectively mean the player generally have zero cap implications if in the minors?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Off topic: To confirm a 2 way deal affects only how much they make while on the farm team vs on the Big Club, right? Waiver requirements have nothing to do with 1/2 way deals?

ie: 1 way at 700k, makes 700k whether minors or NHL
2 way 700k/Xk, makes 700k NHL, Xk in minors

?

Does a 2 way also generally effectively mean the player generally have zero cap implications if in the minors?

Correct.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The two way doesn't dictate anything about the salary cap hit I believe.

Well sort of. I don't believe a 2-way deal can be for more than the 900K or whatever it is that is the maximum of cap that can be erased by sending someone down, so while in reality no, 2-way doesn't mean that, but it might as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad