Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Linden Vey [1 year/ $700k AAV/two-way]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm actually very happy about this. I was really hoping we could grab another bottom-6 player.

This adds a great deal of flexibility.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Didn't Toronto pick him up on Waivers? I could have sworn it was him but he never got any playing time. Am I thinking of a different Canuck?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, played centre in Vancouver, though. I think exclusively.
His FO% is putrid :laugh: Also how the **** does someone only get 4 hits in 41 games? Most players get credited for more hits than that for accidentally bumping into other guys :laugh:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
So what does Vey bring aside from a RHS? I don't think he replaces anyone on our current 4th line, unless this is just competition.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So what does Vey bring aside from a RHS? I don't think he replaces anyone on our current 4th line, unless this is just competition.
Playmaking ability. He may be given a shot to make the 3rd line as a RW due to his offensive abilities. IIRC he is pretty average defensively, he can't win faceoffs and doesn't hit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Vey has also been going through some very significant family drama recently that may have affected his play.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

The rumour is a two-way deal, which means they definitely aren't pencilling him in as an NHL player.

moon*

Very impressive AHL numbers, versatility and a solid defensive game.

He seems like a perfect fit for the 14th forward that stays in Stockton and can be called up to fit multiple different roles in an injury situation.

Wih Bollig and/or Hathaway being our likely 13th forward they are limited in the roles/players they can replace in the line-up especially for more than a game or two.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Linden Vey is also someone of great character. With what he was going through at home he never brought it to the rink and was a consummate professional with the Canucks. I hope this signing comes to fruition and it is our great franchise that gives him a chance at a fresh start after years of hell.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
This could be a Gulutzan move as well. If Gully thinks he could be an asset despite being shipped off by Van, I'm sure he sees something there to him. Nothing wrong with some AHL depth and competition.

Hopefully a change of scenery helps him get over his personal distractions.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This could be a Gullitzan move as well. If Gully thinks he could be an asset despite being shipped off by Van, I'm sure he sees something there to him. Nothing wrong with some AHL depth and competition.

Hopefully a change of scenery helps him get over his personal distractions.
I think the trial being completed and having some closure will help him greatly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad