Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Linden Vey [1 year/ $700k AAV/two-way]

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
All I could think of after the last few posts

image.png

If history has taught us anything, it is that we won't be able to find a #1 RW via free agency or trade, should be developed from within ideally.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I remember in 2002 when they had Lowry - Saprykin - Iginla as a line briefly. This may surprise you, but it didn't work out well.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can we sort of agree replacement wise he's a minor downgrade on Granlund but can be kept on the farm?

The AHL looks like it will potentially flooded with new talent due to the guys we let go without a QO.

Pollock, Mangiapane, Andersson, Pribyl, Rittich seem like guys who will be there for the first time, also unsure what other prospects of ours who might end up there and there might be some new blood added to that team as well via signings (John Scott for Character please? :naughty:).
No we can't agree on that, he's likely a Shore replacement as he is C/RW

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Jooris replacement?

Wouldn't mind Vey. He has been the whipping boy for Vancouver fans but he isn't a bad bottom-six player.

As Treebeard would say, "Let's not be hasty"

He is pretty much a bad bottom 6 player as he has little to no physical element to his game. He is a skill-first player who isn't quite fast or skilled enough to be a consistent top 6 forward in the NHL.

He'll be 25 at the start of the season... it's highly unlikely he's got unplumbed depths at this point. Expecting anything more than for Vey to be a 13/14 forward in case of injuries is simply unwise. At this point in his career, he's best suited as veteran offensive presence in the AHL to facilitate the development of your prospects.

That being said, with all he's been through, I'm cheering for him to break through, even if it's with the hated Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad