Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Kenny Agostino to a 2-Yr Contract

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Should be interesting to see what kind of player Agostino is. It's good that he's signed though.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hartley wants him to get at least one practice with the team before getting him into a game.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
it's going to be great to finally see the pieces from the iggy trade on the flames, if they dont send Hanowski down, its just too bad they'll probably be bottom 6 guys

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
lol, are you guys getting that spanish from google translate? Because the way you guys are talking, the grammar is so wrong

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
That's a peculiar statement. He was scoring above 0.5 PPG on a Tortorella team. How is that not good enough for second line duty?

"Peculiar" wasn't the adjective that first came to my mind. But yeah, a former 29 goal / 50 point guy is more than a third line player.

I see Agostino as more like Curtis Glencross - can score, will do everything pretty good, a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
"Peculiar" wasn't the adjective that first came to my mind. But yeah, a former 29 goal / 50 point guy is more than a third line player.

I see Agostino as more like Curtis Glencross - can score, will do everything pretty good, a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

This would be nice, but the thing that makes Glencross truly special to the Flames is his loyalty to the organization and his wonderful contract he accepted in order to stay, I doubt we'll get the same from Agostino.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Nice! I have high hopes for this kid and believe he will be an every day NHL player at some point (hopefully in Calgary). It is also nice that he is a New Jersey native and grew up playing hockey in the same area as Gaudreau. That should give Johhny a little more familiarity within the organization and incentive to turn pro hopefully!

JulianHopper*

Kenny Agostino

Seems like a good guy and I like his size. I see a couple sites have him listed at 6'-1" while the Flames have him at 6'0" and 210lbs.

Almost a point per game this season at Yale.

Kenny could make the Flames team next year which I believe he will.

Another good signing by Burke and the Flames.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Seems like a good guy and I like his size. I see a couple sites have him listed at 6'-1" while the Flames have him at 6'0" and 210lbs.

Almost a point per game this season at Yale.

Kenny could make the Flames team next year which I believe he will.

Another good signing by Burke and the Flames.

I can't imagine him playing on the Flames next year. If he could play RW maybe but at LW with Hudler, GlenX, Bouma, Sven, Granlund(Lw in Abbs), Reinhart(Lw in Abbs), Klimchuck all fighting with him I don't think he wins a spot. Hopefully I'm wrong and he surprises but I wouldn't expect him to make it.

JulianHopper*

I can't imagine him playing on the Flames next year. If he could play RW maybe but at LW with Hudler, GlenX, Bouma, Sven, Granlund(Lw in Abbs), Reinhart(Lw in Abbs), Klimchuck all fighting with him I don't think he wins a spot. Hopefully I'm wrong and he surprises but I wouldn't expect him to make it.

There's going to be a battle for starting positions at training camp which is good.

I also think we'll see some players being moved via trades this summer.

My guess would be that Reinhart, Hudler and Baertschi could get moved this summer.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There's going to be a battle for starting positions at training camp which is good.

I also think we'll see some players being moved via trades this summer.

My guess would be that Reinhart, Hudler and Baertschi could get moved this summer.

Interesting ideas, of course I was assuming no trades.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 5h
Hartley says no decision if Agostino will play tomorrow. #Flames

lloyd-300x300.jpg

In other news, Knight has been sent back. I have no problems with that. Hopefully he comes into camp more ready next year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

You got to think the Flames free up the log jam on the left somehow, even for development purposes. Someone has to be getting top 6 minutes in Abby! So it begs the question: who's deep on the right but weak on the left that would make the ideal trading partner?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think Reinhart, Granlund or Sven will be moved, maybe Sven but I doubt it. I think Hudler could absolutely be dealt. I also think one of those guys will tried on the RW, Hartley has no problems with shuffling guys around.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I'm excited to see how he does. When was the last time we had an NCAA player actually play for us other than Knight or Colbourne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad