GDT: Flames @ Sabres: The Tankiest Tanks That Ever Tanked

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I don't know what Hartley's odd love for Hiller is about, but it needs to stop. He's done, he's not coming back, let's evaluate what we have.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Didn't even realize we've lost 7 in a row until I read it this morning. Also lost 10 of 11. That's ridiculous.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I remember even an interview where he threw his teammates under the bus last year after a disappointing loss. He's done it in Anaheim too.

Yeah, there's been a couple of these last season. First time I heard it, I had to rewind it to see if I heard it right. I've had a very bad opinion of him ever since. I recall it being a loss early last season, maybe around December.

I remembered when we signed him, some Ducks fans warned us to expect it and after the first time it happened, a couple chimed in and said that was classic Hiller.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, there's been a couple of these last season. First time I heard it, I had to rewind it to see if I heard it right. I've had a very bad opinion of him ever since. I recall it being a loss early last season, maybe around December.

I remembered when we signed him, some Ducks fans warned us to expect it and after the first time it happened, a couple chimed in and said that was classic Hiller.

The only one that sticks out in my mind was a loss to the Ducks where the winning goal by Palmieri involved him stuffing the puck in the side from below the goal line. Complete back-breaker of a softy. And Hiller was interviewed after the game saying the team needed to work harder and said nothing of that goal.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Yeah, I've been sour on Hiller for such comments since last season too. Is it a Swiss thing? Or do we just have bad luck with Swiss players in recent history?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Bad luck. Suggesting it's a Swiss thing is dumb.

You are correct. I shouldn't have said that.

I apologize for my comment. Not sure what I was trying to say, but that was a bad post.

Last edited:

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I've been calling out Hiller for his selfish attitude for a while now, even with proof of interviews where he numerously failed to accept responsibility for his poor efforts while shifting the responsibility to the team in front of him.

I can recall one interview this season after a game in which he let in a couple of clean shots with few traffic, and he said something like "sometimes we try to do too much by trying to block every shot which can be a good thing but it can also be a tough situation". I remember looking back at those goals he let in, which he definitely had a good view of because of the little traffic there were, and I couldn't believe he indirectly blamed it on that. When I posted about this, some other posters were saying Hiller said nothing wrong and it was just ridiculous.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
leafs fan in peace- WTH guys? 7 losses in a row, only 4 points out of last? Are you trying to out tank us? At least we have an excuse.. Whats going on there?

Why do you guys have an excuse and we don't? This team has worse than Bernier type goaltending most nights. There is absolutely no forward depth. Defensive depth isn't a ton better. Coaching style is hurting us bad; can't kill a penalty or score on a pp to save our lives. We never have the puck...

It has probably been more of a pleasure watching the Leafs this year versus watching the Flames.

moon*

So then the cancer thing is just bitter fans making stuff based on the comments so far.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yes, basically. There's no real insight into how his teammates get along with him.

No fan knows about what happens in the locker-room for these sports clubs. To say Hiller is a cancer, is a shot in the dark. To say he gives terrible interviews that he throws his teammates under the bus; would be correct.

Who knows, he could be the glue that's keeping this well oiled machine together.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No fan knows about what happens in the locker-room for these sports clubs. To say Hiller is a cancer, is a shot in the dark. To say he gives terrible interviews that he throws his teammates under the bus; would be correct.

Who knows, he could be the glue that's keeping this well oiled machine together.

giphy.gif

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oh man, this gif was on point, or on fleek as the kids say.

I figured it covered the range of emotions this team evokes, such as the sarcastic laugh; the longing look into the distance, thinking about what could have been; the teeth-clenching effort to hold back tears, etc.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad