GDT: Flames @ Sabres: The Tankiest Tanks That Ever Tanked

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I don't like Ortio and don't want him back, but it makes more sense to start him right now than Hiller.

#FreeBackstrom
:sarcasm:

As of Tuesday night, Backstrom was still in Minnesota. Sonata Arctica and Nightwish were in Minneapolis and got to watch the game and meet with Backstrom and Granlund after the game.

Source: Photo from Nightwish's Facebook page

Starix

Jan 31, 2015
As of Tuesday night, Backstrom was still in Minnesota. Sonata Arctica and Nightwish were in Minneapolis and got to watch the game and meet with Backstrom and Granlund after the game.

How did Millions interview him on Tuesday if he was in Minneapolis?

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
leafs fan in peace- WTH guys? 7 losses in a row, only 4 points out of last? Are you trying to out tank us? At least we have an excuse.. Whats going on there?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
leafs fan in peace- WTH guys? 7 losses in a row, only 4 points out of last? Are you trying to out tank us? At least we have an excuse.. Whats going on there?

Karri Ramo's season ended by injury, Jonas Hiller is worse than Bernier, and every good game Ortio has given us has been a 2-1 loss because they just can't score when he makes saves.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

You have an excuse? You mean you tried to tank from the start and traded almost everyone you could at the deadline? Thats not an excuse.

The Flames just suck this year, you can skin this cat any way you want but thats the case. Goaltending, injuries, players taking steps back, coaching, etc has all added up to this team doing badly.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

really like both those bands, but my favorite finnish band is still quite easily finntroll

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK

Finnish metal and hockey night. Sounds fun! Even thought those bands are pretty cheesy... :yo:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

Same boat actually, team went from bad to worse after selling at the deadline. Goaltending is non-existent, and we're really missing Russell.

Last edited:

moon*

Not that I buy into the idea of Hiller being a cancer in the locker room, but questions have been raised about his character before. Last season some fans questioned it, and apparently it was also questioned by Anaheim fans, as well.

Questions about what?

And fans have a clue considering absolutely zero has come out about him?

I could understand people questioning a guy like Evander Kane with a public history of doing stupid, selfish things but what has Hiller done to have any indication of him being a cancer?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Questions about what?

I could understand people questioning a guy like Evander Kane with a public history of doing stupid, selfish things but what has Hiller done to have any indication of him being a cancer?

Maybe not "cancer" by definition but there were multiple reports of him "blaming" his teammates in Anaheim when they lost games. He failed to take responsibility for his own business.

moon*

Maybe not "cancer" by definition but there were multiple reports of him "blaming" his teammates in Anaheim when they lost games. He failed to take responsibility for his own business.

I have never heard a single report of this.

Was it from a reputable source or bitter fans saying stuff (like what is happening here)?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Not that I think any of us know the locker room well enough to call ANYONE a cancer, but I called out Hillers attitude when he was the backup during the playoffs last year. Absolutely abysmal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I have never heard a single report of this.

Was it from a reputable source or bitter fans saying stuff (like what is happening here)?

I remember even an interview where he threw his teammates under the bus last year after a disappointing loss. He's done it in Anaheim too.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
LOL
He is a cancer now is he?

You bet, he always puts himself first. When the Flames were on a roll in December and Ramo was playing great. He was quoted saying he was upset at his lack of starts in his contract year. Should have threw him on waivers then.

Aug 21, 2014

I like your username.

When you let Jonas Hiller start he lets in a minimum of 4 goals. He is the tank the Commander you want but cannot have.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
You have an excuse? You mean you tried to tank from the start and traded almost everyone you could at the deadline? Thats not an excuse.

The Flames just suck this year, you can skin this cat any way you want but thats the case. Goaltending, injuries, players taking steps back, coaching, etc has all added up to this team doing badly.

We traded Russell, Hudler and Jones. Which while being smart UFA management, is part of the reason we are where we are in the standings.

The other more important reason, is our goaltending.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
How did Millions interview him on Tuesday if he was in Minneapolis?

Maybe over the phone? Because here is the photo.

12823333_10156600293470068_1872140705371239103_o.jpg

Finnish metal and hockey night. Sounds fun! Even thought those bands are pretty cheesy... :yo:

I haven't heard anything new from Sonata Arctica in a long time, but all the same - shh...

Questions about what?

IIRC, questions came up when he lost a game and blamed the defence instead of his regularly scheduled lapse in play that allows for "I should have had that" goals.

Just saw that Deebz covered this. It is mainly from fans, I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned in the media.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Ugly game. I hate losing and do not want a losing culture to sneak into this dressing room like Edmonton and Buffalo has developed. That being said, I expect some big changes in the offseason that will address a lot of the concerns within the team.

Although I hate losing I am somewhat ok with losing out the rest of the seaon as the top of this draft is very intriguing to me and understand that this poor showing may have been best for what the Flames need going forward.

We know this team is being built properly, it may not show this year but really last year was the false start to us becoming a contender, give us another 2 years of maturing and addressing the concerns and I think we will be built to win for quite some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad