GDT: Flames @ Sabres: The Tankiest Tanks That Ever Tanked

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Don't look now, but the Edmonton Oilers just passed us in the standings.

God have mercy on all our souls.

Just a little focus on the defensive side of the game and these games could be won.

#firehartley

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hiller's confidence has been spiralling down the toilet bowl for 2 season but magnified over this one with Hartley's two-goalie system. Ortio's confidence doesn't look much better albeit a better performance last game.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
As we continue to lose we get closer to the basement. Sure Matthews would be nice but is anyone else sort of appalled at the idea that this team could be the worst team in the NHL this season?

I don't think we will be as the leafs tank is strong but being dead last comes with a good prize at the cost of a lot of pride.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
YPrnsiI.gif

n8ui62S.gif

nCgR843.gif

It's ok guys, next up we got Pittsburgh, San Jose, Nashville, Arizona, and St. Louis.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
No reason to start Ortio either.

Yes there is. He could potentially have a future with this team and has played well even though he hasn't picked up a W. Hiller is ****ing hack who only cares about himself. **** him, he should ride the pine for the year.

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
I could care less where we finish. I would however like to see Bennett establish himself as a center. Guys like Colborne, Bouma and Ferland prove they arent completely useless. Hamilton to get more confidence. See if Ortio is an NHL goalie.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
That tweet makes me wonder if there is a possible rift between Hartley and Treliving when it comes to Ortio. Treliving said on Monday he expects Ortio to get most of the remaining starts and Hartley obviously doesnt trust Ortio.

moon*

Yes there is. He could potentially have a future with this team and has played well even though he hasn't picked up a W. Hiller is ****ing hack who only cares about himself. **** him, he should ride the pine for the year.

Ortio is 0 for 6 so far this year with a stellar .889 sv % and outstanding 3.34 GAA. These numbers are only slightly less impressive than his .893 sv% and 3.34 GAA in the AHL.

I am not sure I want to see the Flames future with Ortio playing a part in it.

moon*

I'm not one to complain about officiating, but since Wideman's little thing the officiating has been awful one-sided.

No it hasn't.

Since Wideman smoked the ref the Flames have taken a lot of stupid penalties. Not sure how people can complain about the calls tonight, that was a Flames problem not a ref problem.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Ortio is 0 for 6 so far this year with a stellar .889 sv % and outstanding 3.34 GAA. These numbers are only slightly less impressive than his .893 sv% and 3.34 GAA in the AHL.

He has a .901 since being called up which is far better then Hiller. Hiller also has zero future with this team and is a ****ing cancer, give me one good reason he deserved to start today especially when Ortio posted a .920 the game before.

Aug 21, 2014

Your point? Hiller has let in 4 or more goals in his last 5, he only let in 2 by the offensively inept Vancouver Canucks. Joni Ortio last 5 games? 2/2/5/2/2 GA.

moon*

He has a .901 since being called up which is far better then Hiller. Hiller also has zero future with this team and is a ****ing cancer, give me one good reason he deserved to start today especially when Ortio posted a .920 the game before.

LOL

He is a cancer now is he?

One good reason for Hiller to start? Our goaltending sucks either way so it doesn't matter at all who starts. Ortio was very average last game at best so Hiller gets a chance tonight.

Either way it doesn't matter and goaltending wasn't an issue tonight.

Your point? Hiller has let in 4 or more goals in his last 5, he only let in 2 by the offensively inept Vancouver Canucks. Joni Ortio last 5 games? 2/2/5/2/2 GA.

My point is that Ortio has been terrible as well and he hasn't looked like he has much of a future with the Flames.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's pretty depressing. I'm worried about whether we have enough veteran leadership to properly develop the guys our rebirth from these ashes will depend on.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's pretty depressing. I'm worried about whether we have enough veteran leadership to properly develop the guys our rebirth from these ashes will depend on.

Gio, Brodie, Backlund, Frolik isn't a bad starting point but I totally agree. Would be good see to see us bring in another veteran forward in the offseason. Okposo would be my pipe-dream of choice.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
Whats wrong with last? Flames are currently an 8 man team maybe we get Matthews.
This is a bad team right now.

Hockey-Seanahan-Frolik
Backlind-Bennett-?
? -? - ?
? -? - ?

Gio - Hamilton
Brodie - JJ??

?-?

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
This is a first for Gaudreau losing this much in probably a long long time I wonder how he's taking it.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
LOL

He is a cancer now is he?

One good reason for Hiller to start? Our goaltending sucks either way so it doesn't matter at all who starts. Ortio was very average last game at best so Hiller gets a chance tonight.

Either way it doesn't matter and goaltending wasn't an issue tonight.

My point is that Ortio has been terrible as well and he hasn't looked like he has much of a future with the Flames.

Not that I buy into the idea of Hiller being a cancer in the locker room, but questions have been raised about his character before. Last season some fans questioned it, and apparently it was also questioned by Anaheim fans, as well.

As for goaltending, Ortio has been (outside of the Ottawa game which was a ****show anyway) pretty decent since his most recent call-up. At the very least, Ortio could have given us a better chance at a win. His future is up in the air, sure, but then why not give him more games to see him shape that future instead of pre-determining it by making him ride pine?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Gio, Brodie, Backlund, Frolik isn't a bad starting point but I totally agree. Would be good see to see us bring in another veteran forward in the offseason. Okposo would be my pipe-dream of choice.

Jagr is a FA... :sarcasm:

I think David Backes would be a good fit as a FA signing, though I don't know how long he will be an effective player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad