GDT: Flames @ Pittsburgh

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Would be tough to give up Dubes at this point too. 5 pts in 7 games and fitting nicely with Mangiapane. Too bad Monahan has likely tanked his value to the floor because he should've been the roster player going back.

I forgot Monahan, he was also in the package.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Kylington still not locked up long term?!? TF is Tre doing? :sarcasm:

Good start and good end to the game. The middle wasn’t the best, but Markstrom played great.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Probably still the best 3rd period so far, even with all the odd-man rushes and cross-crease empty net passing lmao that has to be one of the Flames' best road trips of all-time. Kyller really hitting his stride now, not sure if Hanny is day-to-day, but I wonder if we'll see changes on D. It doesn't seem to matter who we put out there, Marky dialed tf in rn

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Kylington is this team's best defenseman and it's not even close.

I agree. Shame he was split from Tanev today though, that pairing has everything you need from a top pair. Stone... was a bit outmatched.

Fans:
Get Gaudreau away from Monahan
Put Kylington in the top four with Tanev
Play Dube at center

Sutter: Okay

Teams starts winning.

*pikachushockedface.jpg*

Fans before:
Do obvious shit

Gulutzan/Peters/Ward:
Nah

Reactions: FlamerForLife

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It's a real shame we wasted so many years with bargain bin coaches.
Frustrating.

It's a real shame that bargain bin coaches are worse decision-makers than plebs with day jobs.

Like Gulutzan was the smartest guy when it comes to all these tactics and

and then

Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer wtf

and Peters seemed to really know what it takes to win

and then

Demotes TJ Brodie to third pair wtf

and Ward has a Stanley Cup ring and showed us the Lucic-Bennett-Dube line and how much Bennett benefited from a skilled, speedy linemate

and then

Lucic-Bennett-Nordstrom wtf

Just
so
much
self

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
in terms of offensive creation and just pure excitement to watch, 100%

in terms of overall, I think Tanev is still the guy. Just 20 minutes of perfect hockey every night.

I was just thinking about this earlier. If the Flames do name a captain this season, he has to be the front-runner based on his play. Never takes a shift off. He and Kyller should be our top pairing, no question.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
jacob-markstrom-2021-43.jpg

Mega Babe of the game^

Great : Jac-0-b Markstrom, Kylington, Gaudreau, Dube, Kylington again

Pretty good : Tkachuk, Valimaki, Coleman
Not Bad : Monahan, Tanev, Lucic, Pitlick, Lindholm, Mangiapane(had some chances but faded), Stone(still too slow but clears the crease well)

Struggle Street : Backlund(was awful), Ritchie, Lewis, Andersson, Gudbranson

Great roadtrip, Flames taking care of business. Not going to get too high just yet though:
Pens missing 5 important starters, Caps played their backup and game could have gone either way, Wings and Devils aren't good, Rangers were a mess. All that being said that was some stellar road hockey from the team. So refreshing to see a team that looks like they know what they're doing and has an actual gameplan. Also with lineups that make sense.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Another game where i felt andersson was not good. Honestly i would give andersson in an Eichel trade than trading dube and mangi at this point.

Reactions: BigRangy

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Were the Flames good or just Markstrom?

I was not able to catch any of this one?
Mostly Markstrom. Other than Kylington and Tanev the defense was less than stellar. Andersson is pretty bad on his offside and Stone in particular looked lost. Very sloppy compared to NJ and NY.

Reactions: Anglesmith

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
God bless Markstrom. Flames really did not deserve that win (did a good job of keeping things to the outside while tired, but even then Pittsburgh was getting loads of dangerous chances). Good news is Markstrom is really hot, Gaudreau is back in a meaningful way, and they found a way to win without Mangiapane/Lindholm scoring which is nice. Still gotta figure in one form or another that lineup changes come after the first L (still looking at Ritchie w/ Richardson on the bench). Kylington is bae-Andersson really needs to figure things out, and Kylington getting time with PP1 was beautiful to see. Just gotta hope getting back home they're really able to find their legs for non-first periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad