Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I still don't think it is that group of guys. The prospects are conspicuously unnamed and could be literally anyone. The "former first round pick" could be Trevor Lewis for all we know.
My guess is Valimaki if the rumor is legit.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
ok, that sounds a lot better that what I was thinking... so not an overpayment from CGY... but I highly doubt that Zadorov wants to go back to BUF after asking his way out 4-5 yrs ago

Zadorov wouldn't have a choice, and imo, Buffalo would just be flipping him at the deadline for a pick. Either way, Zadorov was a healthy scratch for four games already this season in Calgary, so not exactly sure he wouldn't rather be in Buffalo.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What??!!

That's gross lol

How has Sabres not accepted and ran away laughing
Cause they know even if they get Tkachuk they’ll get taken to the cleaners to keep him. And that’s a huge IF on whether they can keep him. So follow one long drawn out, distracting Eichel sweepstakes with another long drawn out Tkachuk sweepstakes. Dunno if the Sabres want that.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Yeah, I suspect Vegas' offer is still better. Tuch isn't as good as Tkachuk, but he has term.
How is it better, Tkachuk is a legit star and is still an rfa, and under team control. A signed tkachuk (if you were to sign then trade him) would net a Tuch level player, a 1st, and a top prospect easily. Tkachuk is so far above some one like Tuch its not even funny, term is hardly relevant when ones under team control anyway. Unless vegas adds Theodore on top of krebs and stuff they are not topping tkachuk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Monahan is not a cap dump, ffs. A healthy Monahan is a 25+ goal, 60 pt player easy.

His problem is he can't stay healthy, and the Flames have completely mistreated his injuries.
Nah. The problem is he sucks. His does one thing only, score from 5 ft in front of the net, and he hasn’t been doing that for a long while now. Dude is a meh, nothing player. And Flames fans have been wanting to ship him out for years, don’t lie.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Eichel is worth significantly more than Tkachuk are you kidding

stop looking at players on an absolute basis. Take into account the injury, the $10 mil salary, the fact he doesn’t want to play in Buffalo and they are handcuffed. Put your lawyer hat on and look at previous cases to make a case for this one. Look at the Karlsson trade. Eichel may be better than Tkachuk. You can make an argument that Tkachuk is actually more effective overall if Eichel isn’t scoring goals. Buffalo won’t get close to what you or others think they will and if anyone thinks Calgary would trade Tkachuk straight up for a Eichel you’re out of your damn minds

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Tkachuk is gone to UFA at the end of next season, so Calgary would be smart to trade him. His contract with a short term and back-loading to inflate his QO was signed solely for that purpose.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
How is it better, Tkachuk is a legit star and is still an rfa, and under team control. A signed tkachuk (if you were to sign then trade him) would net a Tuch level player, a 1st, and a top prospect easily. Tkachuk is so far above some one like Tuch its not even funny, term is hardly relevant when ones under team control anyway. Unless vegas adds Theodore on top of krebs and stuff they are not topping tkachuk

Even if it's Monahan going to Buffalo as the main piece, he's 10x the player Tuch will ever be. Alex Tuch, are you kidding me? :laugh: They would have high hopes that Krebs would turn into an all star franchise center for the Sabres.

Fivealive5

Nov 6, 2017
stop looking at players on an absolute basis. Take into account the injury, the $10 mil salary, the fact he doesn’t want to play in Buffalo and they are handcuffed. Put your lawyer hat on and look at previous cases to make a case for this one. Look at the Karlsson trade. Eichel may be better than Tkachuk. You can make an argument that Tkachuk is actually more effective overall if Eichel isn’t scoring goals. Buffalo won’t get close to what you or others think they will and if anyone thinks Calgary would trade Tkachuk straight up for a Eichel you’re out of your damn minds

Tkachuk will easily be $9.5M minimum after this season. Ill taken Eichel at $10

Reactions: TheNumber4

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Even if it's Monahan going to Buffalo as the main piece, he's 10x the player Tuch will ever be. Alex Tuch, are you kidding me? :laugh: They would have high hopes that Krebs would turn into an all star franchise center for the Sabres.
If someone like Tuch is the dealbreaker ill happily pony up blake coleman and keep tkachuk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If this is the offer I can easily see Buffalo not wanting another selfish prick of a player back in return. They are trying to rebuild and regain their fanbase. Bringing in another me first player like Tkachuk just for him to bolt would kill that franchise.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Nah. The problem is he sucks. His does one thing only, score from 5 ft in front of the net, and he hasn’t been doing that for a long while now. Dude is a meh, nothing player. And Flames fans have been wanting to ship him out for years, don’t lie.

Monahan has been a product from finishing Gaudreaus setups for the past 6 seasons. He's a 30 goal scorer if he has a strong playmaker setting him up, otherwise he's a very vanilla second liner who isn't able to make his linemates better or carry his own line.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Monahan has been a product from finishing Gaudreaus setups for the past 6 seasons. He's a 30 goal scorer if he has a strong playmaker setting him up, otherwise he's a very vanilla second liner who isn't able to make his linemates better or carry his own line.
I agree. I am confused as to why your username is saying this. But good on you for blunt honesty.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
How bad is it smelling down in Brooks today?
Let me check.

Update: It smells good!

Fun Fact: Brooks is ranked at #9 in the top 10 communities in Canada by Maclean's. Also, the actual city of Brooks only smells once or twice per month. However, people who pass by on the number 1 highway get a smell as bad as a firm slap to the face...if you have already experienced this, all windows will be rolled up and air re-circulation will be turned on or your beard will curl.

The real truth is that any city is the best if you have good people around you.

Last edited:

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Eichel >>>> Tkachuk.

Tkachuk is a selfish prick.

So is Eichel. He's worse, actually.

Anyways, this rumor is completely made up by Weekes, or else the offer includes other Sabres assets because there is no way this would have been turned down.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So is Eichel. He's worse, actually.

Anyways, this rumor is completely made up by Weekes, or else the offer includes other Sabres assets because there is no way this would have been turned down.
For Eichel, even if he is, it won’t matter. The dude will be hungry AF to play again and get his name back on the map as a Superstar. Coming back from injury, forcing a trade off a trash fire. Dude will play at a 110% for whoever gets him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad