GDT: Flames look to continue Honda Centre win streak. 8pm MT on SNW

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Died with our PDO. Boy I miss killer PDO.
PDO over a large sample size (like a season) is a measure of quality chances allowed vs. generated. I like to think (I hope) that this second wave of analytics enlightenment will finally realize that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
As soon as Monahan and Ferland got some recognition for their good play by the media, they went ice cold

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
PDO over a large sample size (like a season) is a measure of quality chances allowed vs. generated. I like to think (I hope) that this second wave of analytics enlightenment will finally realize that.

No, I just want high PDO as an unsustainably high shooting and save percentage :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No, I just want high PDO as an unsustainably high shooting and save percentage :laugh:
Oh, and also goaltending.

But we have goaltending, so in our case the PDO is really showing how we have a tough time preventing high quality chances and we settle for low-quality chances far too often. Very much matches up with what we see every game from this team. The hallmark of the good Hartley years was a bend-but-don't break defence and a rush offence where we attacked with at least four guys every rush, and if we didn't have the numbers, we just chipped it in.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ducks have been tripping, slashing, interfering all game long yet the powerplays are 2 to 6 for the Ducks.

I've counted at least 3 trips the Ducks have gotten away with where the ref was looking directly at them. Not saying the penalties against Calgary weren't deserved (aside from Hathaways's which was BS), but the Ducks have gotten away with everything tonight.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
So much 'veteran leadership' on this team, yet it's a guy who's barely legal in the States, not legal in the States and a AHL tweener that's really the heart of the this team.

Yep. It's sad that a 21 and 20 year old are the ones showing the most leadership on this team.

Even Gio doesn't seem to have that much fire inside him lately.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"Hey Brodie, would you prefer a pass to your stick blade, which you are nicely presenting in front of you as you skate, or right into the space between your stick blade and skates? What? I can't hear you.... skates it is!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad