GDT: Flames look to continue Honda Centre win streak. 8pm MT on SNW

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So Flames RW depth is now Ferland, Hathaway, Jagr, and? edit: Brouwer of course. One inconsistent scorer and 3 3rd/4th liners.

Maybe Mangiapane gets a called? not this game but in the next week or so. I'm usually in favor of letting prospects develop but any random change that might get the team going is worth it.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bad break for Frolik but now's the perfect time to mess with the lines

Gaudreau-Backlund-Ferland
Mangiapane-Monahan-Tkachuk
Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway
No-No-Jagr

But you just know it's going to be

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Brouwer
Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway
Lazar-Stajan-Jagr

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Harvey Specter said:
Flames will win this game to keep up the pattern of inconsistency and so the coaching staff can continue to lie to the fans that we’re on the right track.

“Yeah, we needed this one tonight after the BAD LUCK we have been dealt lately. Nice to see the results come after sticking to the system and see some guys get rewarded”. Flames will then proceed to win the next game as well, then lose the following 2. Par for the course.

Solid prediction.

As for this game, don't think we win this one. I do think Rittich should start the next few games at the Dome

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Hopefully some young blood from the AHL can get some ice ti....

Oh wait this is the Calgary Flames, where nothing is earned and everything is given to the bloated corpses of awful veteran borderline NHLers who don’t do anything but make this team worse.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Might we see what needs to be done with Gaudreau and Monahan on separate lines?

Tkachuk - Monahan - Gaudreau
Benny - Janko - Hathaway
Ferland - Backs - Jagr

Chucky brings you into the game if You want to or not.

Reactions: Janks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hopefully some young blood from the AHL can get some ice ti....

Oh wait this is the Calgary Flames, where nothing is earned and everything is given to the bloated corpses of awful veteran borderline NHLers who don’t do anything but make this team worse.

Been this story for years.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Gonna guess Mangiapane doesn't get recalled. If someone does, it'll be Hrivik.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Jagr
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Janks - Hathaway
Lazar - Hrivik - Brouwer

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Projected lineup from flames.nhl.com
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Micheal Frolik (out)
Sam Bennett - Mark Jankowski - Garnet Hathaway
Troy Brouwer - Matt Stajan - Jaromir Jagr
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano
- Dougie Hamilton
TJ Brodie - Travis Hamonic
Brett Kulak - Michael Stone
GOALTENDER
Mike Smith

:skeptic:

Frolik (out) as 2nd line winger sounds like a really solid guess. Could you please try to do your job, just a little bit?

If the coach doesn't give details, there's not a whole lot they can do.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If the coach doesn't give details, there's not a whole lot they can do.

Guessing would be better than that.
edit: I didn't add "(out)" after Frolik's name, it was there. And I just noticed Frolik is "Micheal", usually it's Ferland that gets his first name misspelled.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

But why?

I get wanting to reward loyal foot soldiers in Lazar/F.Hamilton but they're still terrible. What more does a top scoring 21 year old prospect need to do to get a call up.

Be a 33 year old, over-the-hill veteran with a bloated contract.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It’s really frustrating.

Considering how miserable our 4th line is; no idea why they don't make some demotions/recalls, especially with Frolik's injury.

Brouwer should be in the AHL, see if he can get his game back. Stajan should be waiver/popcorn fodder. Bring up Hrivik, who can play a good 4th line role, bring up someone like Mangi to play on a scoring line.

A 4th line should be guys who give it 100% each shift, and create. All ours does is swing the tide against us because they'll be hemmed in all night and can't skate to save their lives.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Considering how miserable our 4th line is; no idea why they don't make some demotions/recalls, especially with Frolik's injury.

Brouwer should be in the AHL, see if he can get his game back. Stajan should be waiver/popcorn fodder. Bring up Hrivik, who can play a good 4th line role, bring up someone like Mangi to play on a scoring line.

A 4th line should be guys who give it 100% each shift, and create. All ours does is swing the tide against us because they'll be hemmed in all night and can't skate to save their lives.

I share the exact same opinion.

But unfortunately our management and coaching staff don’t.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just watched the Gully interview, he seemed pretty defeated. Called Frolik being out “A huge hole, and they use him in all situations”. He also said “the Jankowski line is our best line right now”. Interesting comments, he said the Janks line will stay together and the other lines could likely be shuffled. Also said they would discuss whether not to call someone up later tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad