GDT: Flames @ Jets 7pm

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Actually (and admitted as much by Stajan) once the offense left, he had to reinvent his game to be more defensively sound.

So past-prime Stajan was better defensively, yes.
Stajan was an excellent two-way forward before he became a Flame. What he did was add grit to his already sound defensive game

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Didn't get to watch last night, but damn, what a heartbreaker. Cool that Klimchuk scored the tying goal though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Didn't get to watch last night, but damn, what a heartbreaker. Cool that Klimchuk scored the tying goal though.

Good on him. Seems like a decent hand.
Don't think he'll be with this organization super long though. He got absolutely leap frogged by too many guys.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good on him. Seems like a decent hand.
Don't think he'll be with this organization super long though. He got absolutely leap frogged by too many guys.
Leapfrogged offensively, sure. But not in other areas if the game.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think the biggest ??? on the roster remain our #1RD and Goalie situation, and I think the preseason has reflected that judgment well. We have not really struggled to score which is a very good sign, but we are struggling to keep the puck out of our own net. It could be a situation where you go out and get a really good goalie, and that helps cover for the potential top end dman problem. I feel like we have tried the opposite method without success.

What could we add to Bennett or Jankowski to get us towards Bobrovsky?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Leapfrogged offensively, sure. But not in other areas if the game.

Doesn't matter.
We have enough guys in the NHL that 'do things the right way' to need room for Morgan.

You take the Mangiapane's, Foo's and Dube's much before Klimmer gets the tap. He's currently probably 5-6th on the wing depth on prospects alone. That's ignoring guys like Buddy, who'll probably be more impactful AHLers.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Everyone knows you caught the PBP guy saying his name wrong. Joke's old now. Nobody made a big deal about it on the 3rd page, nobody's going to make a big deal about it on the 6th.

That's simply not true. It CAN become a thing... Have you so easily forgotten Kristian Huselius?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Doesn't matter.
We have enough guys in the NHL that 'do things the right way' to need room for Morgan.

You take the Mangiapane's, Foo's and Dube's much before Klimmer gets the tap. He's currently probably 5-6th on the wing depth on prospects alone. That's ignoring guys like Buddy, who'll probably be more impactful AHLers.
In a 4th line role, I'm not so sure. Sometimes things are more important than stats, thays why Jathaway has a legit shot at besting out Dube for a spot. Especially when Klimchuk, like Hathaway can be a top end PKer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton

Probably, but one can hope that the poor market for goalies, a poor start by columbus, and a refusal to sign long term from Bob could coalesce into a perfect storm for us. If the cost becomes something like Bennett + Kylington + Rittich I'm all over that.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Don't want Bobrovsky; his playoff numbers are terrible. And his upcoming cap hit will be unmanageable.

Also, he carries a 7.425M cap hit this season. Flames have ~2.5M in cap space. Do the math.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Probably, but one can hope that the poor market for goalies, a poor start by columbus, and a refusal to sign long term from Bob could coalesce into a perfect storm for us. If the cost becomes something like Bennett + Kylington + Rittich I'm all over that.

One of Stone and Frolik (Or both) has to go back to absorb Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad