GDT: Flames @ Jets 7pm

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm seeing him make plays routinely that I don't expect him to make. He's continually surprising me. He's also an extremely effective forechecker.

Mangiapane is doing well, but everything good he's doing seems to be largely based off combining with Ryan.
and Dube in other games

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It happens, overall what did you think of him this game?

I thought he looked like he was going through the motions this game. Didn't have a jump in his step and wasn't really being aggressive after the puck. Maybe jet lag still bothering him? Or maybe, it's just preseason and he wasnt' giving it his all. You could tell the guys with something on the line, Dube, Mang(won't try to spell it), etc.. were trying harder.

Reactions: Anglesmith

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I thought he looked like he was going through the motions this game. Didn't have a jump in his step and wasn't really being aggressive after the puck. Maybe jet lag still bothering him? Or maybe, it's just preseason and he wasnt' giving it his all. You could tell the guys with something on the line, Dube, Mang(won't try to spell it), etc.. were trying harder.

I thought he was great in 1st period, the last two mep. BUt at the same time he's making smart save plays minus OT and Foo is a drag.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mangi, Ryan, Dube, Lindholm (until that last play), and the D all came together quite well; thought they had decent games.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I thought he was great in 1st period, the last two mep. BUt at the same time he's making smart save plays minus OT and Foo is a drag.

I missed the first 5 or so minutes of the 1st so maybe that's when he looked great. The OT thing is what you said, it's preseason and guys try to get cute because it doesn't matter.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Neal needs a center, so give him Lindholm lol, or put Lindholm and Tkachuk together. Neal isn't the greatest OT forward anyways.

I'm thinking it'll be:
Monahan - Gaudreau
Giordano

Tkachuk - Backlund
Brodie

Neal - Lindholm
Hanifin

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Overall, Flames played great aside from a couple awful stretches. Valimaki and Andersson both had a few great moments but overall didn't play great as a pair.

Jankowski has been a huge disappointment so far this preseason. At this point, I'd honestly have Dube and Mangiapane on the roster over Janko and Hathaway.

Mangiapane has been so consistent every single game. No doubt he's NHL ready.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
He'll be the 6th forward, maybe ahead of Neal and Tkachuk because of his skating. Lindholm doesn't take that chance in a regular season game

I'd be shocked if we don't see a ton more of Tkachuk in OT this season. I think he was undoubtedly our most dangerous player 3 on 3 whenever he was on the ice in OT last season.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd be shocked if we don't see a ton more of Tkachuk in OT this season. I think he was undoubtedly our most dangerous player 3 on 3 whenever he was on the ice in OT last season.

That smart little stutter play he did that one game comes to mind. Where he sold everyone he was passing backwards and instead pushed forward.

Reactions: FerklundCGY

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Janko has been fine. I think his spot is safe. If not, he wouldn't be getting played with plugs on the fourth line every game.

He had some good neutral zone turnovers this game and just didn't have anyone to play with.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah no chance Tkachuk gets his minutes cut

I see it as:

Gaudreau-Monahan
Giordano

Tkachuk-Backlund
Brodie

Ryan/Lindholm/Bennett-Neal
Hanifin

I think Ryan has the inside track just cause of how good of a faceoff man he is.

Reactions: FerklundCGY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad