GDT: Flames @ Islanders (5pm on Sportsnet)

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Goal against on NYI's first shot against. f***, are we the Oilers now?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
What the f*** was that Smith?

I'd also be lying if I said I'd heard of half of the Isles players

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Take a shot every time they show Travis Hamonic onscreen for no discernible reason

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Pretty aggressive PK, I like that Gerrard will actually switch up things that don't work.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Well, I hope they lose this badly and hire Darryl Sutter. I can't stand Gulutzan hockey; predictable, uninspired, rarely prepared, can't take the momentum back. He'd put Brodie back on the right side in 2 minutes. The lack of confidence and their overall instability is palpable at this point, it's like a house of damn cards waiting to tumble every game. I'm not even surprised when we make stupid mistakes anymore.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Pretty aggressive PK, I like that Gerrard will actually switch up things that don't work.
I know I'm piling on him but the PK is and will be better without Brouwer he's too slow to actually apply any pressure to anyone.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
When the Flames have the PP I open another tab and look up players I don't know on EliteProspects because I know nothing will happen

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Mike Stone takes so many penalties

Because he sucks. He plays the Bartkowski school of defence where you don't actually defend, you just play physical and hope the other player gets taken down to goes away. He isn't as bad as Bartkowski obviously, no one is, but he is massively overrated by some Flames fans.

Really hope we trade him in the offseason and just graduate Andersson already. Yeah sure depth is good, but I guarantee Andersson in a full season would be better than Stone.

Reactions: Cyrano and Dack

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
We could get a guy who does what Mike Stone does for 650k.

Unpopular opinion but I’d deal Stone this summer and I’d play Andersson with Gio next year (same kind of Mete/Weber, Chara/Mcavoy mentorship deal). Then Brodie/Hamilton and Kulak/Hamonic. Third pairing becomes much less of a liability and you can spread icetime out more evenly

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
They're playing like a team full of passengers. Johnny excluded. Why is the smallest guy on our team our only impact player? It's kind of pathetic.

Reactions: Dack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad