Post-Game Talk: Flames in Florida: CGY vs. FLA November 10 @ 5:30 pm MT on SNW

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Only saw the highlights and came to post that I´m ****ing pissed at Ramo for the inexcusable whiff on the last goal where he seemd to intentionally let it through...

Anyhow, still somewhat pissed at him but maybe I shoud not blame him too much it seems according to your post:(
that goal makes his other saves worthless IMO.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
What a garbage game to waste time watching!!! This game was an absolute must win to truly build some momentum and begin erasing the horrible start to the season. But no.

Nothing about this game was good. Bad ice, sad attendance (sad seeing that arena so empty), bad start to the game, terrible offence, worse defence... ugh!!!

One step forward, two steps back. This season is going to suck.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Rämö and the whole team looked shaky in the first period, they played nothing like in the two last games. Rämö let in one soft goal and made some good saves but like 100TG said, those saves are worthless if the team loses by one goal.

Flames had goalie problem before the season and still have it. It just changed from "we got too many good goalies" to "we dont have even one good goalie". At this point it must be obvious that Ortio is sent to AHL after Hiller comes back.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Haha the TSN website this morning had a link to their TSN Radio segment with the caption "Button: Hiller and Ramo are just not good goalies"...

They've since changed the caption to "Button: Hiller and Ramo both struggling for the Flames".

:laugh:

Aug 21, 2014
Haha the TSN website this morning had a link to their TSN Radio segment with the caption "Button: Hiller and Ramo are just not good goalies"...

They've since changed the caption to "Button: Hiller and Ramo both struggling for the Flames".

:laugh:

What's the difference? :sarcasm:

Seems to me that either the goalie will struggle and the D will have a good game or vice versa.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Yeah it's weird. Ramo gives up a beach ball rebound from a puck going about 5 km/h, where they score on the rebound, yet is able to make a decent save with guys crashing the net later in the game.

Man I wish he could find consistency in his game, and some rebound control. It's almost like in a full 60 minutes I can expect a really good save, a horrible goal, and a questionable goal (mostly due to bad positioning).

Yes - our Krusty-brand "defense" certainly doesn't help.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It seemed like we were gaining a little steam to start the game, but two dumb pointless penalties put the Panthers in control.. That's been our season, dumb/odd plays, terribly times penalties and inconsistent goaltending.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Yeah it's weird. Ramo gives up a beach ball rebound from a puck going about 5 km/h, where they score on the rebound, yet is able to make a decent save with guys crashing the net later in the game.

Rämö cost us the Winnipeg game and IMO Ovechkin's goal changed the momentum in game against Washington. If Rämö could have played like he's been playing for the last three games without that one easy goal, Flames would be just fine. And in almost every game he seems to make highlight reel saves.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Rämö cost us the Winnipeg game and IMO Ovechkin's goal changed the momentum in game against Washington. If Rämö could have played like he's been playing for the last three games without that one easy goal, Flames would be just fine. And in almost every game he seems to make highlight reel saves.

You can basically tell when Ramo is off his game by his reactions after goals. You could see last night, he was very animated after the first couple of goals. That's not really him- it's definitely not how he was taught. He's at his best when he's cool, and when he starts to get frustrated he tries to do too much and ends up getting in his own way. That's when you see goals like that Jagr goal go in.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Man, I really like Engellands game lately, if only we had a faster version of him kicking around.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
You can basically tell when Ramo is off his game by his reactions after goals. You could see last night, he was very animated after the first couple of goals. That's not really him- it's definitely not how he was taught. He's at his best when he's cool, and when he starts to get frustrated he tries to do too much and ends up getting in his own way. That's when you see goals like that Jagr goal go in.

This is where I think the three-headed goalie monster failed really bad. Rämö lost his confidnece and has started getting it back slowly but he still makes those mistakes. But in a way this screams to me that Rämö is not 1G material...

And I need to see the replay of that last goal again, it seemed that it hit Giordanos stick and changed direction. GCL broadcast I was watching didnt show it from overhead view.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
At least Hamilton has looked a lot better lately. Of course nobody other than the Flames' fans will notice that, and as soon as Flames lose and Hamilton is a minus player in that game, couple of those main boards Hamilton threads will be bumped again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is where I think the three-headed goalie monster failed really bad. Rämö lost his confidnece and has started getting it back slowly but he still makes those mistakes. But in a way this screams to me that Rämö is not 1G material...

And I need to see the replay of that last goal again, it seemed that it hit Giordanos stick and changed direction. GCL broadcast I was watching didnt show it from overhead view.

Oh, he definitely didn't get that shot off clean. It was a complete change-up, but still a shot you'd like to see stopped through sheer reactions.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Hartley continues to show how on top of things he is by scratching Jooris and dressing Raymond.
giphy.gif

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-measuring-d-by-quality-of-shots-against-1.391447

Look who's name is 2 spots below Mr. Theodore Jerome Brodie :naughty:
He's even top 5 since 2013.

Although that is a nice stat, it's important to keep in mind the limited minutes Engelland plays and the total number of shots against he gets (a lot). These both make his high danger chance against %age look better.

When I filtered for the Flames, from 13/14 to present (so this does ignore Engelland's time in Pitt), Engelland was in the top 3 on the Flames for high danger chances against per 60 min of play (right between Gio and Brodie) but that's playing primarily against bottom six players rather than the top line guys Gio/Brodie play against.

I included the Columbus defensive corps, since they're sort of a middle-of-the-road team, and their entire D corps was better than anyone on the Flames, with the exception of Wisniewski and Nikitin, who were roughly equal to Gio/Brodie/Engelland. Similar result when comparing to Florida.

Basically I'm just saying that his inclusion on that list doesn't mean a lot, because it's so obscenely lacking in context.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Likely means an ice-cold, probably low confidence Ortio in against the Capitals on Friday.

Could be an ugly two days.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Likely means an ice-cold, probably low confidence Ortio in against the Capitals on Friday.

Could be an ugly two days.

Or, given the last time we had this situation, Ramo will **** the bed against Tampa, Ortio will come in in relief, and then be outclassed against the Capitals.

So either way, really.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At least Hamilton has looked a lot better lately. Of course nobody other than the Flames' fans will notice that, and as soon as Flames lose and Hamilton is a minus player in that game, couple of those main boards Hamilton threads will be bumped again.

He's been alright, but nothing special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad